“I’ll ask, but I have to get going now for Glee,”

 “Okay, how about this: I’ll take half the day off work and go in about three so I can go to the studio and sort stuff out with Matt; giving you a chance to go to work and then come in to the studio when you can?” She pitches her idea to me and I reply quickly.

 “Yes, that would be great! I need to go but thanks Annie!”

 “Yeah, well, what are best friends for?”

 “Love you!” I say as I race out, late for Glee.

 “Right back at you, Ash!”

 Darren’s POV

 I walk in to see all the girls wearing cute blue dresses and just stop in the doorway. I look around with a little smile on my face, wondering what’s going on. Heather comes over to me and says:

 “We’re doing ‘Tell Him’!!!!!” She jumps up and down to express her excitement before running away again, back over to the girls.

 I laugh and shake my head before looking up and around, wondering where Aisha is. I get out my phone and am about to text her when I feel hands on mine and hear her voice in my ear.

 “Hey babe,” She whispers.

 I turn and kiss her lightly hello.

 “You’re late!”

 “I know, one of the performers for Matt’s opening night is injured, and I’m the only other person who knows the choreography.”

 “Oh, what does he want you to do?”

 “He wanted me in the studio right now, but I got Annie to cover for me so I could come here first. I need to be there by about four though.”

 I stick my bottom lip out and she laughs before saying:

 “Ryan wants me!” She indicates towards where he was stood at the other side of the room.

 “Wait, just a sec. Can we do lunch later?”

 “Yeah, sure!” She smiles at me and I smile back at her.

She squeezes my hand and keeps hold of it until she’s too far away and has to let go.

 I smile and turn to watch her go.

 I see her reach Ryan, and, after a few seconds, I see her jump up and down and squeal in excitement. I laugh, even though I didn’t know why she was happy.

Aisha’s POV

 “So, the next episode is showing girls power- in a sense- meaning that your audition for Glee club has to be a song that shows off girls as strong people.”

 I smile at him, wondering what song I would be doing.

 “As you play the Piano, I want you to record the backing to….wait for it…..Fairytales! By Sara Bareilles!!”

 I jump up and down, excited. I was doing one of my all-time favourite songs!! I had fair reason to get excited.

 “Okay, so, today I want you to spend the day in the recording studio and just get this done if possible!”

 I suddenly remember my promise to Matt.

 “Um, is it okay if I leave a bit early today? It’s just, my friends opening a dance school and his opening nights in just under two weeks and one of his main performers is injured, meaning I have to step in for her, on top of my own performances and he really needs me in the studio by four today.”