Chapter 4: Setting up and Signing up

As Alister stepped off the caravan, the smaller goblins of the raiding party took a step back as they whispered amongst themselves. The Hobgoblin stepped forward and cocked his head. "A Humie? With a bunny caravan? Ha! They must be a reject even in their own race!! Daughters, rip him apart and bring me his heart!"

"But..but father he's much bigger than us.." One of the smaller goblins spoke up from behind the Hobgoblin. "You've also never taught us how to defend ourselves from a human."

"If you bitches want to remain in the family you'll do as your father commands!" As he exclaimed to the surrounding goblins he felt a sudden pain in his chin as Alister had rushed in and slammed his knee into him.

"That's no way to speak to your daughters!" His eyes glowed blue as he hit the Hobgoblin with such force it had launched him into the air. He noticed the seven other goblins weren't too keen on attacking him so he jumped up and landed another knee into the Hobgoblins chin and then kicked him down into the ground, his body almost skipping across the road. " Come on! Get up you asshole!"

The Hobgoblin lay there for a few moments before slowly standing and wiping the blood from his lips. "Gawww...how are you so fast Humie!?" He noticed his daughters were huddled in a circle, terrified at the sight of their parent losing. "Great, you've turned my Warriors into little girls! Are you happy about that Humie!?!" He drew his sword and ran towards Alister, swinging wildly.

Alister ducked and weaved, slowly his wrist spikes coming out along with his spines. "I'll give you one chance, take your family and leave. Do not make me harm you." As he spoke his threat the Hobgoblin just seemed to laugh as he began to swing faster, his sword now glowing red and leaving scorch marks in the grass. "Very well.." He quickly switched from a defensive tactic to offensive, disarming the sword quickly and leaving several cuts on the other body. He would swiftly kick him in the chest and then stand overtop of him, a spike pointed at his throat. "Do you yield?"

"... No!" He screamed with a baited breath and managed to spit at Alister, who simply moved his head to the side to avoid it.

"Very well..." He stuck his spike inside his throat and then let a discharge of electricity go through the Hobgoblins body, shortly after him dropping dead. "Girls...do not be like your father. Leave now, I don't want to cause anymore problems for your family." Most of the goblins took the chance and began scurrying and floundering over one another, as five got away two remained and seemed obviously hurt. Alister approached calmly, withdrawing all his spikes and kneeling down closer to the ground. "You two are hurt, did your sisters trample over you to leave?"

 "You two are hurt, did your sisters trample over you to leave?"

The large ear goblin nodded, covering the other in her cloak. "...they...they hurt our ankles...we can't walk..." The other rustled inside the cloak but calmed as she felt her sister's hand gently rub the top of her head. "Sister...calm..."

"Alice! Come down here please!" Alister smiled down at the two remaining goblins. "Alice is a Shaman in training, she can heal your ankles. She's a nice girl and won't harm you."