Side Story: The Father, the Son, and the Grandfather

I kinda regret that Kevin's grandfather didn't get a proper introduction before the book was dropped. He is my favorite character. That's why I made short stories about him.

Also, I found an image that surprisingly depicted him very well, so I included it above.

***

Scary Face

Charlie Atkins, 83 years old. He got many scars on his face and body from his days as an active soldier. He used to think of these scars as a medal of honor, but sometimes, there was a moment he wished that they were gone.

One day, he was minding his own business when a little pup was standing beside him. The kid was staring at him with those big eyes in silence.

Feeling the pup's attention, he looked down and asked, "What?"

"...Hic..."

The little kid answered with a hiccup.

"?"

Tilt his head, the gray wolf frowned as he was wondering about the other party's business.

"Say it. What do you want?"

"...Hic-hic..."

"??"

Spotting that those eyes were starting to water, he got a bad premonition.

"W-Wai-"

"HUAAAAAAA.....!!!"

"!???"

The little pup suddenly cried loudly, catching him off guard. He had no idea what made the pup suddenly weep. For a moment, he didn't know what to do.

"Father, don't scare Kevin like that!" An angry voice came from behind as a wolfdog suddenly passed by and went to the child. "Hey-hey, it's okay, Kevin. Daddy's here. Daddy is here. You don't need to be afraid now."

"Da-*sniff*-dy..." The pup hugged the wolfdog as his cries subside a little.

"Good boy. Good boy." Arthur patted his back as he carried him on his arm. After managing to soothe his son, he then looked at the wolf with an annoyed look. "Do you have anything to say, father?"

The gray wolf crossed his arms and snorted. "What? I didn't do anything. What do you mean I scare him?"

"You should already be aware that your face is enough to give someone nightmares, not to mention you're glaring at him too."

"Glaring? I didn't glare. Also, you are quite rude, you know."

"But that is the truth. Did you count how many kids you scare with that barbeque face? Children are sensitive to something like this. Well, you won't know as you never raise one."

"I was the one who raised you, you little twat!"

"Don't swear in front of the child! Also, raising me? Huh, strange. I don't remember you even raising me. Do you already become senile because of old age, old man?"

"You seem to become arse the more you grow into an adult. Is that how you talk with your own father?"

"Are you seriously asking that right now?"

The two canines glared at each other while growling.

Sensing the enmity of the two adults, Kevin pulled his father's collar. "Daddy, don't be angry..."

"Aw... It's okay Kevin~♡. Daddy is not angry anymore~♡." Arthur suddenly retracted his hostility and kissed the kid's cheek. "Grandpa is scary right? Let's move somewhere else."