Extra #2

Amir looked down feeling something wrap around his legs and seconds later felt an unbearable pain he fell into the water and struggled to stand up because of the crashing waves. He didn't have his implant and couldn't hear anything or anyone. He began to panic but it didn't last long. He was very quiet. He cried silently. He laughed silently too.

'Are you okay?' Aaliyah signed to her little brother who shook his head. He stood up when the waves calmed down.

Moments later Kairo also yelped in pain. He began to cry, he felt an excruciating pain in his legs.

"Uncle!?" Aaliyah called for Ethan.

"Yes Lee?"

"My pooba is hurt. Please help him." She half carried half dragged Amir over the wet sand to Ethan.

"What's wrong buddy?" He kneeled in front of the boy.

Aaliyah signed for him and Amir pointed to his legs. His eyes began to tear up as the pain got worse. He threw sand on his legs trying to cool them.

Kairo screaming frantically wasn't really helping and it was actually causing Amir to panic as well.

"Lets go find your mommies" Ethan stood up carrying the boy and Aaliyah followed.

Meanwhile Victoria tried to calm her son down. People were starting to stare but no one offered to get help. Which wasn't a surprise.

"That's enough now. Stop all that screaming." She spoke in a calm tone. She knew that it would trigger his asthma and they already had to deal with the stings. 

"Hurts mommy-OWW!!" He began jumping up and down. His little five year old body was unable to handle the pain.

"Mommy" He sobbed into the woman who hugged her son.

"I'm not too sure what to do baby. Let's go to the lifeguard tower. You'll be okay man man" She picked up the crying child carrying him to the lifeguard tower.

"More jellyfish?"

"I think so"

The lifeguard came over to inspect his stings.

"We just used our last green whistle. He is so young. It must be painful"

"Is it really that bad? Does he need to go to the hospital?"

"No, it's bad but the hospital is not needed."

"Come little guy"

Victoria put him down but he didn't let go of her hand.

"You can stand by the drain mom" she stood with Kairo as the lifeguard began spraying a warm vinegar solution on his legs. This was to keep the stingers from firing. He then used tweezers to remove the remaining tentacles.

"Daddy!!" Kairo shouted when he saw his father walk into the tower.

"Stay right there. Let the lifeguard finish helping you."

"It hurt my legs, daddy"

"I know bub and soon as you're all better we can go beat the jellyfish up and then they can't hurt anyone else, right?"

"Uh huh."

"Don't waste your tears on that. We have other things to cry about."

"Like what?" Victoria asked with a smile. She loved their relationship.

"For us to know and you to find out." Kairo smiled at Ethan.

"You heard him. Not for mommies to know."