drip and dip

as the days went on I knew i'd have to go back to the academy and continue my training with the others but things have been so weird..

i feel like i'm just i don't know. who really am i to go to, i can't really fathom the thought of being with gojo, being around him makes me queasy. like i think back on it and damn, what the actual fuck, i was FUCKING my teacher. but what happens now that werent not?

-

i pack my clothes and go on about my day, yuji met me on my way there so we walked together. megumi was still giving me the cold shoulder sort of, especially after sukunas visit. nothing really sat right with me.

yuji was rambling on about how sukuna had gotten him scammed due to ordering random things online, why in the world would you buy fuzzy sheisty beanies in the dead of summer? anyways that's them for you. i also couldn't pass the fact that sukuna had seen my bare assist at this point who hasn't for fucks sake. am i a whore, at least i'm not gojo.

-

upon meeting at our arranged spots for the sparring my eyes wandering everywhere but at sensei. i felt a pudge in my throat as he walked closer to all of us giving us our roles for the day. i did not want to spar with him again, for all i know i was going to be a punching bag again for how we left off, fuck allat.

yuji can you spar with me today? i ask.

"of course y/n" i was never really allowed to fight with him it was always megumi who'd occasionally train with him because i guess they thought it wouldn't be fair,which makes no sense seeing as gojo beat my shit in a while ago, this seems even, this seems fair.

yuji gets in position.

"Ready?"

"ready"

we both leap forward, dashing across the field throwing blows. No punches really connected until he flipped me , i fell over and he took the high ground, i get back up in a hurry to strike back, not missing this time. a blow to his jaw he stumbles back . i conquer up a new technique, using my aura as a slingshot and shooting my curse at him. He gets hit but it doesn't affect him all the much. we continue at it til we're both beat. it was time for lunch so we change into our regular clothes, i finished up early and grabbed my lunch and made my way over to the bench. yuji follows but is still in the process of changing his shirt, he walks and talk as he pulls the shirt over his head showing his well defined abs, i felt my eyes start to shift to his body as he talked aimlessly, i stagger forward and hurry to sit on the bench missing it by like an inch, yuji drops his box of food on the bench and hurries to catch me by my torso fixing me onto the bench.

"close one" he says as he begins unraveling his food and eating.

he just seemed different, asthough , actually i don't know, perhaps i just need to touch grass.

"you know y/n, we really missed you, training has been really boring and gojo sensei has been all over the place, can we come over to your place like we used to a while back?" he asks taking another bite of his sandwich.

he didn't sound ecstatic like he always has, his tone was normal, not sad or cheerful, far from yujis regular.

"of course, are you gonna bring ur ps4?" i ask

"i forgot to tell you! i got the ps5!" he says happily a sudden change in his demeanor.

"so whose all coming? i ask

"honestly everyone should, i just really miss how things were, i don't know what you got going on but i just want to see you happy, sukuna too" he looked down at his food like it was suddenly distasteful, chewing slowly.