𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 | graphic tees

THOMAS half groans, half sighs at his phone before shoving it into his jacket pocket, either annoyed or disappointed; it's hard to tell which.

"They're late," He says to Minho, leaning backwards so he can rest against the bench he and Minho sat on as they waited.

"Calm down," Minho reassured, with a slight bit of a tease showing through his tone, "I'm sure they'll be here soon. Anxious, much?"

"Shut up," Thomas shook his head, "I was just wondering what was going on."

"Yeah," Minho turned away from Thomas with a grin on his face quickly, just randomly—but then he spotted Newt walking over to him and Thomas.

But what Minho didn't expect to see was Gally following him.

"Shit," Minho nudged Thomas's arm gently, "Look."

Thomas raised an eyebrow at Minho's action, but reluctantly let his eyes shift over towards the left, and they met Newt's first. Thomas quickly avoided eye contact afterwards by looking past him at Gally.

"Oh," Thomas let out.

"Yeah, oh." Minho chuckled, but not out of happiness, per say, "Out of all people, Newt brought him?"

"Okay, maybe he's not the best guy, but I'm sure he's not that bad. I've barely spoken to him, I just know that he can be kind of bitchy." Thomas mentioned, hoping to help Minho's feelings about the whole ordeal.

"Well, yeah, I have the same experience, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing that he's here. " Minho scoffed a little and turned back around to look at the two who were nearing them.

Thomas chuckled, "I mean, you were the one who roped us into this. So..."

Minho's elbow nudged into Thomas's stomach lightly in response, to which Thomas jokingly winced at, closing his eyes. When he opened them, he saw that Newt was standing before him.

"Thomas," Newt said the boy's name with a small, friendly smile on his face.

"Newt," Thomas replied, sitting up and straightening his back, "Nice to see you."

"You too." Newt was unsure if he should attempt to continue a conversation with just Thomas, or have a group discussion with the other two. But he observed as Thomas's eyes kept on trickling towards Minho, like a cry for help; so Newt gave up the idea he was contemplating just a second ago. It was probably for the best, as he wouldn't want to put Thomas in an uncomfortable position where they'd be talking individually.

"So..." Minho started, sensing how Newt and Thomas had stopped speaking with each other, "Where do we want to go first?"

"I need to get a gift for my mom," Gally mentioned, "So could we go to a gift store or something?"

Minho had a visible frown on his face while Gally spoke, but to his credit, he covered it up well.

"Yeah, alright." Newt acknowledged, and turned to the others for approval. Minho and Thomas both nodded their heads, and stood up from the bench they sat on to begin walking to the shop.

"I can't believe we're halfway through the year already," Minho said, trying to stir up some conversation so Thomas could get more comfortable around Newt.

"Same," Newt agreed.

"I just want it to be over already." Gally chimed in, letting out a soft groan.

"I'm looking forward to Prom, though." Thomas brought up, "When is that?"

"Why? You want to take your girlfriend?" Minho teased.

"Oh my god, no." Thomas shut down.