Trance

Jason's Pov

I heard the sound of a clock ticking in my head as I slept. Images of Ilusa fluttered before my eyes. Her long black hair, her deep brown eyes, her pink lush lips. Mines. All mines. I then heard her crying out, her voice piercing through me.

I then shot up out of my sleep looking around at our empty room. I stood up in a panic looking for her and our baby.

Where? Where? Where?

Days passed and I spent every second of them sitting in a corner rocking back and forth.

"Mr. Maroon." I heard a voice call out.

Chills went down my spine as I stood to find Ms. Sharp standing in the distance.

"Where is she?!" I asked in a panic.

"She's gone." She replied coldly.

"No- no I wasn't ready. Please I needed more time."

"You have fulfilled your duties to the United World Mr. Maroon. Aren't you happy that you are both now able to be free and have a life?"

"What is a life without her?!" I cried.

"If you wish you could always stay here like you were supposed to. Understand that the overseer has done you a favor. Be grateful." She said coldly.

I nodded as wiping my tears.

"What now? What happens to our daughter?"

"She is not yours, she never was. She belongs to the United World and is no longer your concern."

I clenched my fist as gritting my teeth.

"Tread lightly, Mr. Maroon."

"Where is- Ilusa"

"She is currently being rehabilitated so that she can be set free."

I let out a small sigh of relief all while everything in me yearned for her. I couldn't stop thinking about her or our baby. How am I supposed to go on like everything is normal? Like I didnt betray the love of my life...