3.2 The Former Champion

At the Vásquez house in Philadelphia, Y/N and Freddy sat in their shared room watching TV. Mary was gone, currently attending Oxford. Meanwhile, Darla and Pedro were out stopping crimes and having fun in the city while Eugene and Anne were having their own adventure exploring the God Realm. That left the two best friends together with their parents.

The two were tuned in to the national news. It was showing the conflict going on between Kahndaq and its neighboring nations. Apparently, Kahndaq wished to expand its borders and labeled those around them as conspirators, pointing out their former ties to Intergang. Now, the country was at war not only to expand but to protect itself against those it deemed a threat.

But that's not what Y/N and Freddy were interested in. What caught their eye was the one leading the troops of Kahndaq. It was a man with a chest emblem and list of powers very familiar to the magical heroes. He had appeared a few months ago and freed Kahndaq not only from the Intergang forces that ruled over it, but also from a demonic threat. The boys had been watching him for a bit now, trying to determine if he was friend or foe and if he could possibly be related to their magic. The news was showing footage of his recent battle with Superman.

Freddy: I'm telling you, this dude is badass! He could be of use to us.

Y/N: Or the cause of our deaths.

Freddy: Well, yeah, but not if we swayed him to our side. Darth Vader like, you know? I mean, we do have a seventh throne that needs filling.

Y/N: I don't know. This guy doesn't really seem like a team player. Or a nice guy for that matter. Besides, he probably won't mesh well with us.

Freddy: What are you talking about? We're awesome.

While they were talking, they heard the doorbell ring downstairs. Rosa went to answer it. She was greeted by a very unexpected sight. While they were still talking, Y/N and Freddy heard their mom call out to them.

Rosa: Uh... boys. There's someone who wants to see you. 

Y/N and Freddy got up, a bit confused. Who would want to see them? Probably a teacher or friend from school. The two made their way downstairs and stopped on the stairs when they saw who it was. Freddy dropped his crutch in astonishment. He fell, but was quickly caught by Y/N. In the doorway stood a strong man in a blue suit with an emblem on his chest that looked like the letter 'S.' 

Clark: Hello, Freddy, Y/N. 

The two walked fully down the stairs to greet him.

Freddy: Uh, hey, hey. What's up man? What brings a superhero like you to our totally normal abode?

Superman grinned and held up his hand.

Clark: It's alright. I know who you are.

Freddy: Huh? Oh, right, right, right. We met at lunch. You came with Captain Sparklefingers, well, Captain Marvel now.

Clark: No. I mean who you really are. Diana told me.

The two boys looked at each other in confusion. They didn't know who that was. Clark decided to clarify.

Clark: Wonder Woman.

Both: Ohhhh.

Freddy: You should have led with that.

Clark smiled and looked at them. The two were still in awe of his presence. The big man turned to Rosa, asking her nicely.

Clark: May I come in?

Rosa: Yes, yes, of course.

Superman walked in, looking around at the quaint living room. Y/N and Freddy walked with him and sat down on the couch while Rosa kindly and excitedly pulled up a nice chair for him. Clark thanked her kindly and sat down. Victor stood to the side, still astonished by their guest.