2.2 Meeting and a Warning

The gang were in the Rock Eternity. During their time there, they had decked out aspects of their lair to make it a bit more homey. On the back of their thrones they had painted individual lightning bolts, all in their respective colors. They had also added cushions to the stone seats.

Down, away from the thrones, the crew had set up a small living space across from the statues of the Sins. It contained a television set, a couch, and a reclining chair. Next to it was a wall of newspaper clippings documenting their acts of heroism. A nearby generator helped to power a string of lights that hung above the area, illuminating the spot. 

The Sins themselves had been decorated and painted in a mocking manner

The Sins themselves had been decorated and painted in a mocking manner. Next to them, a magical door had been set up. It connected to one of the closets in the house for the crew to come and go. Pedro and Darla stepped through the door to join the others. Darla was still holding the kitten from earlier and poured it a bowl of milk.

Mary was sitting down reading from a chemistry book while Y/N was setting up the television set. The others grouped up while Y/N started playing a slide show of their recent bridge escapade. He looked up at the headline that was flashing across the screen.

Y/N: "Destroy Bridge"? What? Okay, that is completely misleading. The thing was already collapsing by the time we got there. Also, we saved countless lives.

Mary: A hundred sixty-two. It's countable.

Y/N: Alright, wise girl. But we still saved them all. There were no casualties. We just need to work on our damage control skills.

He looked around and noticed that only five of them were there.

Y/N: Where's Eugene? 

Mary: Where he always is. Mapping out the Room of Doors.

Y/N walked through the cave system and entered the Room of Doors. It could more accurately be described as the Hall of Doors. Hundreds of different doors floated in the air around the room, all leading to a different place. Higher up, stairways and crumbling bridges led to even more doors. Some of the doors had labels and sticky notes attached to them from Eugene's prior expeditions. Y/N called out to his brother.

Y/N: Eugene! Hey, dude! Where you at? Hello? We have a meeting, Eugene.

Suddenly, one of the nearby doors burst open. A monstrous roar could be heard as the grey superhero fell out covered in a sticky, saliva-like substance. He slid on the ground and landed at Y/N's feet.

Y/N: You're late.

Eugene: Do not go in there. 

Y/N helped him up and Eugene placed a note of the door, labeling it as "nightmare fuel." The two began to walk back to the throne room.

Y/N: How many more have you gone through today?

Eugene: About four.

Y/N: Uh, huh. Any thought on what that may be?