† Chapter Twelve

Start from the beginning

          My thoughts were interrupted as I heard... A fart? We all looked back as someone screamed. Anasa.

          "I'm sorry." She covered her mouth. "That fart burned my ass cheeks. And I swear I thought it was going to be silent."

          I shook my head as the class giggled. Ms. Nessa looked like she just saw a ghost. She went back to writing on the board. I was copying the notes on my notebook, something about world war two. I didn't have any interest of things that happened along time ago. I just don't understand. Why are we forced to learn this stuff?

          It's not like it's any used to us. How is it going to help us find a job? Am I just suddenly going to have to answer questions about the first president when I'm serving food at a restaurant or something?

          I leaned forward slightly as everyone buried their faces on today's work and I gently touched Adam's back. He turned around and looked at me with those gorgeous sparkling eyes. He raised his eye brows.

          I made a heart with my hands and he looked at it and smiled. Then I mouthed the words I love you. He pouted then he said mouthed that he loved me too. I wanted to kiss him but we were in class and I don't want to get passionate with him in here. That would be weird.

          The front door opened and Adam turned around before the teacher caught him. Two really hyper girls walked in with flyer's. They were talking to the teacher while she sighed and looked annoyed. She nodded.

          Both of the girls walked to the front of the classroom and then the shorter one spoke, with a really high pitch voice. "Hello everyone. We are here to inform everyone that prom is coming up." Oh great, just advertising prom through every classroom. "The title is 'Under The Night Light' and I hope that you all attend. The theme is old fashioned. Almost like a ball."

          The other girl began talking. "We would have posted up the news all over the school but unfortunately they were all burned. Have a good day, don't forget to text your friends, spread it!" They both ran out of the room and the class was filled with silent whispers. Mostly from the girls who were wondering what they were going to wear and who were they going to go out with.

          I clearly didn't care for proms, they were overrated.

          Adam turned around when the class got louder and the teacher just looked like she didn't care, she can't control the gossip of girls when it comes to prom. I leaned on my right hand and I closed my eyes as Adam spoke.

          "Go to prom with me."

          I opened my eyes quickly. I stared at him in horror.

          "No..." I said as I bulged my eyes. No way! I will not go to a prom.

          "Ouch, rejected publicly."

          I looked around, it wasn't much of a public rejection if no one was paying attention to us. Even Anasa disappeared in the crowd of giggling girls as they went over which guys were available. Certainly not me.

          "I don't like proms."

          "I can get on my knees if you want." He grinned.

          "Don't you dare!" I hissed silently.

          "Why don't you like proms?"

          "I'm gay, it's awkward for me to go to a prom with a guy." I shrugged and I played with my pen.

          "Why is that awkward?"

          "I don't know. Society still makes us believe it's weird. I guess I'm just shy okay?" I admitted finally.