Mindscape (Part 4: Sukuna's Vessel Arc)

"Shoko, has he woken up yet?"

"Nope, only sign he's alive is the fact that he's still breathing."

"He will wake up though, right?"

"I'm not sure, Satoru. He might be like this for a while and I'm afraid there's no way for me to wake him up." Gojo nodded, turning his head to face the sleeping Y/N. He'd been out cold since he fought Sukuna, Megumi explained that much to Gojo but he also had no clue why it was taking Y/N so long to wake up. Gojo had been angry at the fact that two of his students were heavily injured but his anger was lessened once Yuji had suddenly woken up after having his heart torn out. Gojo had asked Ichiji what Y/N was doing with the first years but he got no answer, instead being told by Megumi that Y/N finished the mission that the higher ups had sent him on before immediately makio his way over to the cursed womb. Megumi didn't know why because Y/N chose not to tell him but Gojo was almost certain that Y/N had come to the same conclusion that he had. Y/N was smart and probably realised that the higher ups were planning something. Gojo decided that he'd ask Y/N how he figured it out once he woke up but that wasn't looking likely to happen anytime soon.

"I'm so confused on how there's wind in here, it's literally my brain." Y/N had been inside his own mind for what seemed like hours as he explored how large his domain was. He quickly figured out that there were an almost infinite amount of graves and none of them had any distinguishing features so they all just looked the same. Y/N had gotten confused now and he had decided that he would figure out the conditions of his domain while he was there to give him a better understanding of how to construct it inside of a barrier once he had woken up. If he could do that, he would have an ability often seen as the pinnacle of a sorcerer's ablility. He would have a domain expansion and it would be incredible. Y/N had also imposed a condition on himself that he would force himself to stay inside the domain until he felt he had a decent understanding of it. He was basically forcing his body to stay asleep so he could gain knowledge that would hopefully make him more powerful. He had no idea how long it would take but it hopefully wouldn't be too long in the real world, he had people to protect and he now felt extra responsible for protecting them as he couldn't protect Yuji.

Then there was the other matter, his eyes. During the time he had spent in his domain, his eyes had not changed from their new appearance. He had become slightly less scared but was avoiding looking at the chains in case they reflected and he saw his eyes again. His Mother always had eyes like this so he knew that she didn't become colder due to them being there, that was a comfort at least. He did remember that she became colder after reading a scroll that even Y/N himself was not allowed to read, only his Mother was permitted to read it and she burned it as soon as she'd finished. Y/N would never know what was said on that scroll but that was also around the same time she faked her death and adopted her other name that Y/N never acknowledged. His eyes did feel different now, not only due to his appearance but he also felt a greater sense of control over his own cursed energy. The problem with that was if anyone saw his eyes looking like this once he woke up, those eyes were widely known among sorcerers. Y/N knew that because when he told Gojo all he remembered of his family's killer was their eyes, he looked at Y/N and said "They're hard ones to ever forget."

"So you're saying I'm allowed to check out his condition, just not to cut him up, right?"

Gojo nodded "No cutting, we can't risk anything, even if you could heal him." Gojo sat down in the morgue once more, head in his hands.

"At least Sukuna's vessel didn't die."

"Y/N isn't dead either, talking as though he is really doesn't help."

"You think the higher ups planned for this too?" Shoko asked, checking over Y/N's arms.

Gojo shook his head "No, I think Y/N figured out that the higher ups were planning something and he was just too late in figuring out exactly what it was."