Special Grade Object (Part 1: Cursed King's Vessel Arc)

Three months passed in the blink of an eye for Y/N, Yuta had gone to train with some random guy overseas and he wouldn't be back for a while. Other things had happened apart from Yuta leaving, one such thing being that Y/N met the one first year, Megumi Fushiguro. Y/N could also safely say that he got along with all of his classmates now, even having a slight understanding of Inumaki's speech patterns. Y/N himself had also made a lot of progress, managing to regain his former level of control over his cursed energy in its normal state. He was also given an official grade, that being grade 2, which meant that he was now one of the most powerful sorcerers the Shimura family had ever produced. Since then, the higher ups had been sending him on solo missions, in what Y/N believes are just shallow attempts to kill him. None of them have worked and today Gojo had given him an important task, much to the annoyance of his new second year teacher, Atsuya Kusakabe. Y/N was to secretly follow Megumi as he went to inspect a special grade cursed object's seal.

Y/N currently found himself sat on top of his old school's rooftop in the darkness, watching as Megumi approached where the cursed object was being held. He watched as Megumi opened the latch, closed it, opened it again and then stuck his head inside it all before pulling out his phone. After Megumi put his phone back in his pocket, he could see a frown plastered on his face. It didn't take Y/N long to figure out why Megumi was mad as he soon got a text from Gojo that read 'Just told Megumi he can't come back until he finds out where the cursed object is lol' and a follow up text reading 'same goes for you though. Good luck~' of course that was the case. Y/N wasn't happy that he'd be stuck where he used to live for longer than a few hours and he decided to leave Megumi until the next morning before he began tailing him again. Y/N manipulated his cursed energy to form small platforms beneath him as he walked over what, to any normal person, would seem to be thin air. Y/N had also managed to create some sub techniques that he didn't need to use any words or gestures for like the one he used right now to walk on the air 'Platform' it was a simple technique for him to create so it was no surprise that he had already mastered it.

The next day rolled around fast and Y/N almost forgot he was supposed to be tailing Megumi at all, spending around an hour trying to remember what Gojo had wanted him to do before he finally remembered 'Follow from a distance and only intervene if you think Megumi can't handle the situation.' that's what Gojo had said and Y/N would stick to it. Y/N had managed to follow Megumi after a while and he found himself sat back on the school rooftop, now overlooking some sort of competition between his old gym coach and some kid with pink hair he vaguely remembered as "Yuki, that was his name!" Y/N exclaimed to himself, mildly proud he was able to remember the guy's name. Y/N spotted Megumi in the crowd of people and kept an eye on him as the competition went on. He only saw Yuki exhibit incredible physical strength without cursed energy out of the corner of his eye due to his attention being momentarily taken by how beautiful the sky looked. Once he brought his attention back to Megumi, he saw him running off somewhere. Knowing he would still be able to find Megumi anywhere in the city, Y/N decided to stare at the sky for a bit longer.

After deciding he had stared at the sky for long enough, Y/N went back on his search for Megumi. If Gojo had just given him this job he would be back already. He'd already had to postpone on the boy's horror movie night and he wasn't best pleased with his blindfolded teacher. Seeing Inumaki freak out at jumpscares would never get old and it was annoying him that he missed this week because of Gojo. As Y/N got progressively more annoyed at his current circumstance, he ended up finding where Megumi was. He was in a hospital, Y/N hadn't gone in there but he could sense Megumi's cursed energy so he knew he was right. Y/N decided to pass time as he waited for Megumi to leave by trying to make a tennis ball with his cursed energy that he could bounce against a wall. It didn't take long for Y/N to succeed and he ended up playing with his fake tennis ball until he felt Megumi's cursed energy make significant movement away from the hospital. Y/N was aware that he wasn't supposed to involve himself in recovering the cursed object but he knew that the mission would've been over so much faster because of his superior ability to pinpoint specific cursed energy.