Rumor has it...

'She, she ain't real...'

"So...Kara."

"Oh my god!" Aiden dropped his head into his hands. "Rudy, we are literally forbidden from even speaking her name! Stop. Bringing. Her. Up." Brynne nodded in agreement.

"What if she hears us?" Currently, the three newcomers had made themselves at home in the staff kitchen, because Brynne could never keep her stomach in control. She was putting together an apology lasagna at the moment, while Aiden watched from across the counter, fiddling with Shadowfax. Rudy had made a beeline for the radio as soon as they entered the room, turning the old-fashioned knobs and pressing random buttons until it turned on. Apparently, it was a fan of Adele.

'She is a stranger...'

"But I want to know about this mysterious Ex-Member!"

"I don't feel like getting kicked out on our very first day. Besides, you know her name." Aiden pointed out. He wanted Rudy to drop the conversation, not wanting to relive it. Of course, his cousin did anything but.

"Yeah! But that's literally it." Aiden turned towards Brynne, imploring her to explain. He didn't want to be the one caught talking about Kara. He didn't want Aru to be any angrier with him than she already was.

'But you're cold to the core...'

Aiden winced, wishing he could take everything back. He shouldn't have said that. He shouldn't have told Aru that she chased everyone away from her. That Kara was glad to be rid of her. He didn't mean a word he'd said.

'And rumor has it she ain't got your love anymore...'

He had been angry. Angry at his father, Angry at the world. So when Aru snapped at him, he snapped back, finally letting go of all those pent-up emotions. Aiming it directly at her.

"Well..."Brynne started off, unsure.

In truth, he had been self-projecting. His parents were probably proud to get rid of him and that he was the one who chased everyone away from him.

'Rumor has it...'

"Kara was a brilliant singer and dancer. She carried the whole team on her back."

'Rumor has it...'

"But one day, her performances started becoming, I don't know, off. She wasn't doing the best she could. At least, that's what her fans say. It continued for a week."

'Rumor has it...'

"Then, one day, she just disappeared without a trace. No one, not even her own sister, knew what had happened to her."

'Rumor has it...'

"They say she was murdered."

'Rumor has it...'

"But rumor has it that she joined forces with the Sleeper. You know, that man the police have been trying to catch for years." Aiden's head shot up in shock. He hadn't known this.

"What?!"

Brynne shrugged. "At least, that's what a few people are saying."

'You've been telling people things you shouldn't be...'

There's no way. Aiden wanted to scream. The Sleeper, Kara, my father

The door swung open, slamming against the wall. Oh no.

"Having fun?" Aru cocked a brow.

'Haven't you heard the rumors...'

loife, archivist

hi 😀

so. hahhahahahah. ha.

it's been 9 months

...

well okay i don't have much of an explanation but i know that archivist had exams and like that was probably pretty hard to juggle so

we're still trying to rekindle the plot for this book however so stay tuned! updates will come at an uneven time but please know we're trying!

lol at least it didn't take a year this time :D

true that, true that 🤡

anyways, that's all! thanks for being patient with us!

loife and archivist, OUT!