And They Didn't Even Give Me Swedish Fish

"You have got to be kidding me." 

 Subala sighed and muttered something under his breath. It sounded suspiciously like: 'Kids these days.' 

 "Introduce yourself, everyone." Hanuman gestured to the young adults. 

 Their so-called 'savior' flashed another smile. But this time it was more like a smirk, which Aru absolutely despised. She felt Mini shiver next to her and looked at her funny, making a mental note to ask about that later since now was really not the best time.

 "Sup. I'm Rudra, and though I have many titles; the Awesome-sauce Dude, the Best of the Best, the Artistic Amazing Incredible Talented Bejeweled Super Hot-" He was interrupted by Urvashi clearing her throat and looking impatiently at him and Aru snickering and not exactly hiding it.

Rudra turned bright red. "You can just call me Rudy." 

He let the other guy finally talk. He gave a half-hearted wave. "Aiden." He pointed at Rudy and then at his clothes. "He made me do it." 

 "Name's Brynne." Brynne nodded at them. 

 "I'm Yamini. But you can call me Mini." Everyone turned and looked pointedly at Aru, who sighed in return.

 "Aru Shah." She said coldly, looking away. 

 "Well technically, we know. We've been watching you guys practice behind the screens for years. I mean, at least me and Brynne have. He's new." Rudy poked Aiden, who swatted him in return. 

 "That sounded so creepy, Rudy. What he means is, you guys are kinda famous" Brynne smiled.   

"Of course you'd be, with looks like that" Rudy nodded at Aru, and then to Mini. But his gaze seemed to linger on her a moment more. Aru scowled.

"Please start practicing by next week max. The debut choreography is very energetic and therefore hard. Make sure to be conservative with your energy. Next week, we will also start the recording, so try to get used to the tune. And you two," Urvashi turned to Aru and Mini. "Try to make your new peers feel comfortable. You both know the choreography already, so you can help them if they run into trouble."

 Aru rolled her eyes, but didn't say anything. 

 "Yes. And as for your parts," Subala took out an envelope and opened it, withdrawing out a paper and reading its contents. He cleared his throat. "Aru, sub vocalist and the female main dancer. Mini, sub vocalist and sub dancer. Brynne, main rapper and sub-dancer. Aiden, main vocalist and sub dancer. Rudy, sub rapper and male main dancer. Remember your roles." 

"Also, you will partner up according to your 'jobs'," Hanuman added, entwining his hands and resting his chin on them. "You know your parts so pair up where you must. An example would be is that I want all vocalists to meet up and prepare what to do. Any questions?" Silence.  

"Dismissed. Aru, stay back for a moment." Urvashi stated, snatching the letter from Boo's hands and skimming through it. 

Aru sighed, but continued sitting. 

 Once everyone had left, she walked over to where the Council sat. Subala took out a hand mirror and started picking at his teeth. 

"Two days from now you will have private classes with Aiden." 

"Excuse me?! Why do I-" Urvashi interrupted her. 

"Because you are our best dancer, Aru, and we need you to coach Aiden as he still has a few things to learn." 

 "Then why pick him of all people?" She crossed her arms. 

 "I expect you'll know when you hear his voice." Hanuman traced circles on the table and eyed the dust his finger picked up. 

 "But-" 

"This isn't up for discussion, Aru. Dismissed." Urvashi stated firmly. Aru whirled around and stormed off. Her hand itched to slam the door, but that would be pushing the Council's 'generosity'. 

 At that moment, she decided the newbies must go. And on their own accord. 

Especially Aiden.