|34|stormy hearts

New Readers take a moment, go back and vote.

I have crossed hundred followers on my account, Thank you to all those who have followed me. And those who haven't follow for all the important updates.

Meehira__writes

Saachi_catchy1166 I dedicate this chapter to her. ❤️

The chapter has 4000 words excluding my words.

Happy Reading!

NIDHI

I made my way upstairs, feeling too exhausted to even walk. As I trudged along, a cherished memory resurfaced: my husband carrying me upstairs on our wedding reception day.

He has given me countless new memories to treasure.

I entered the bedroom, switched on all the lights, and headed into the closet. My abdomen ached terribly, a familiar pain marking the first day of my period. The initial three days were always the hardest.

I didn't want to do anything; I just wanted to collapse into bed and sleep. In the closet, I attended to my period needs and changed into a robe, with my spaghetti top and shorts underneath.

This was always more comfortable during my period. I lay on the bed and retrieved my phone. If it weren't nine o'clock, I would have called Priya. It had been days since we last had a long, meaningful conversation.

Marriage had changed many things in my life, and for the better.

VAIBHAV

At nine thirty, I parked the car in the open parking and made my way inside the house. The night air was warm, so warm that it would induce sweating if one ventured outside. The night sky was clear, with the crescent moon hanging delicately overhead.

I was greeted by an eerie silence as I entered the house. The lights in the drawing area and dining area were switched off, except for the golden night bulbs and scattered lamps casting soft glows.

The light from the kitchen spilled onto the stairs, providing ample illumination to navigate without stumbling.

So, what were you expecting, Vaibhav? That she would be waiting here for you?

Instead of taking the stairs, I opted for the lift. The upper floor was no different from below—eerily silent, as if even the quiet had a voice.

I ambled towards the bedroom, and upon entering, I noticed it was brightly lit, in stark contrast to the drawing area and the stairwell.

But what pierced my heart was the sight of her, sound asleep, comfortably nestled in her night dress. It was as if I hadn't been out all day, but she had.

It felt like a punch to the face, jolting me from a dream. The least I had expected was for her to be awake, waiting for me. She must have had dinner without me, too.

Even if I didn't harbor feelings of love for her, I wouldn't have gone to sleep without seeing her first.

Hasn't she realized how much I care for her?

Doesn't she understand that she needs to put in effort to make this relationship work, too?

Is she merely reciprocating my actions out of a sense of duty?