Chapter 22

Peter hated this. He could hear everything going on around him, but he couldn't talk. Couldn't move his eyes. He could feel everything, yet nothing all at once. He heard Tony say "I know what happened," and his heart climbed into his throat. One too many people already knew about May, and MJ & Ned speculating wasn't helping anything. Percy was going to be out for blood, Bruce as well. What was the harm? But it's still his aunt...

"Aunt May, she's, she's not who we think she is." Tony exhaled. Peter wanted to tell him to stop, but even if he could talk, he went sure he would. "She hurts Peter, real bad. I found out and punched her in the mouth, and Peter and I flew here, but on the way here, he dropped. I- I don't know."

Peter could picture Percy's face, jaw grinding against his teeth, eyes hurt and blazing to cover up the tears. And Bruce just looking down, nodding his head. Keeping his anger hidden to protect those around him.

"Okay," Percy's voice was shaking. "So, so you punch her. Now we, what, get her arrested, right? I- I mean it's Aunt May, I know, or knew her. I don't know what sent her down the spiral- but we shouldn't hurt her, right?"

Bruce's voice then pierced the air. "You don't know what could possibly send her down the spiral? Have you not watched the news in the last two years?"

Percy cleared his throat. "I don't really watch the news, or any TV for that matter. It's like a, a beacon for monsters to find me."

"Monsters?" Tony asked, before clicking his tongue. "Right, forgot, Greek guy right here."

"Uncle Ben, Aunt Mays husband and Peter's uncle, passed away about two years ago. That has to be what sent her over the edge."

Percy inhaled sharply. What would you tell him that, Bruce? Peter thought. He doesn't need to worry any more.

"Welp, that would do it." Percy said, montone. Peter remembered that Percy and Uncle Ben were close, and he was also like a father to Percy.

All of a sudden, Peter's spider sense went off. Seconds later it was gone, but he never felt a thing. Guess it's out of whack.

"Okay, okay. Guys," Bruce cleared his throat, "I'm gonna need you to clear out, please. Thank you. Goodbye."

"What- why?" Tony protested. "Is he okay? Is everything okay?"

Percy saw something Tony had yet to see. "Tony, Tony come on."

"Wait wait wait-"

"Come. On."

Peter was so numb to his own senses, he didn't even realize that a throwing star has been stuck in his arm.