Chapter 4

Lucky Percy. He had just gotten away from the Greeks only to be led to the Asgardians. "What are you d-d-doing here?" Percy's whole body was shaking, but his leg the most. You would've thought that he was freezing to death.

"You're in Avengers Tower, Percy. In New York. Do you know who the Avengers are?" Thors voice was soft and tender with care, almost as if he was trying to lure Percy into a trap... No. Percy knew him better than that. It was just his mind being on high alert, he was still in full-on war mode.

Percy shook his head to the question, saying no. All of the people behind Thor looked shocked, and one guy whom Percy noticed wore very over-the-top tinted glasses gasped so audibly and dramatically it made Percy's ears hurt. Well excuse him if he can't be on any devices 24/7. Well, he actually could now because all of his Greek ties were cut. "Who are t-they?"

"We're right here!" The man with the glasses shouted. He had a weird goatee-beard situation going on, but Percy (oddly enough) approved of it. It wasn't overkill, like whoever he was didn't look like the Devil or something. His chocolate-brown hair was combed back, and he looked about 45 in Percy's eyes. A circular light beamed through the man's blue long sleeve, which, of course, were rolled up past the elbows. That always bothered Percy. Like gods, we get it, you're sweating so go put on a tee-shirt and call it a day. He was wearing black jeans with no rips, that was held up by a brown belt. Yeah, this was going to be Percy when he's older. If he lived that long.

There was another man who seemed to be the doctor around here. His hair was almost fully blanketed with a silver tone gray, but he didn't seem to mind. In fact, it suited the man well. He also wore glasses, but unlike the future Percy, they were untainted so that his deep brown eyes were visible.

There was also a woman, the only one in the room, with greenish-gray eyes. Her short-cut red hair was slightly curved at the ends, and it was hard for Percy to not see the resemblance to the last smiles of Piper and Hazel. Just the thought of him letting them die made his heart ache. The woman was wearing a skin-tight black leather suit, and currently had a deadly stare pointed in his direction. He might've flinched, if it weren't for the slight bit of shock in her face that made her look human. Percy couldn't blame the woman though. A teenager who apparently had something medical going on was intruding on their little "Avengers" group and he didn't even know who they were.

Another man had a bow slung around his back along with a quiver full of arrows. Will would have been ecstatic at the sight if he were here. He had stormy-blue eyes and short-cut brown hair with an insane amount of gel in it. He reminded Percy of that one kid in middle school that was also the mohawk kid in kindergarten? That's what this guy's haircut looked like. But he obviously wasn't a middle schooler and was rocking a thick, sleeveless vest that had all sorts of straps covering it.

The last guy there had dirty-blonde hair. It wasn't as short as arrow dudes cut, but not nearly as long as Thor's. He was the only one what was in normal clothing, a dark white-tee shirt and baggy jeans. The only thing that Percy found odd about the man was the fact that he was leaning down on a shield that looked like an American Flag. But other than that, he seemed like an average member of society.

It took Percy a hot minute to examine the group of misfits, but when he had stared long enough his mind, being the ADHD ridden mess that it was, started to refer back to his old memories of Camp Half-Blood. Ironically enough, he remembered a time when Annabeth was telling him about some genius guy named Anthony Stark, better known as Tony. He apparently graduated at 17 and built an engine at like six or something. Shocker, Percy can remember some important stuff, don't be too impressed. But the crazy part was that this Tony dude was also a superhero, and his face looked exactly like that of goatee man. Then, Percy finally put the pieces of the puzzle together. "You're T-Tony Stark."

Goatee took off his glasses. "Well, it's about time you noticed!"

"Tony." Thor said through a clenched jaw and a warning tone. Tony stared right back at him, and they were probably having some sort of staring contest.

Percy ignored the situation and the snarky response. He looked at the woman. "Y-You're Black Widow-w." The woman nodded, but not in a frustrated or sarcastic way. In a way that was almost supportive of Percy, confirming who she was and encouraging him to keep on trying to name the superheroes. That doesn't really make sense, but if you can get what's kind of happening, that's what's kind of happening. Percy turned to the arrow guy, who was standing close to Widow. "You're Hawk-keye." The man had no response, and just stared back at the ill-ridden Percy. He brushed the stare off and looked at the boring man, who actually had a response. "You're Capt-t-tain Americ-ca."

"Hey," Captain America said softly. He nodded his head in that weird kind of dad way where they just nod down once and just don't lift their head up. Well, they kind of do to look back up at you but not as much as they were before. Sorry, that was a lot. 

Percy looked over at the doctor man and for some reason felt like he knew his face but couldn't pin from where. "You're..."

"...Bruce Banner. You might know me as Hulk." The man said as he finally sat down in a rolling chair and swiveled over near Percy to join the rest of his team. Percy felt a little bad for not knowing who he was, and it probably showed with his face. "Don't worry," the man continued, "not a lot of people know who I am. They all just know Hulk." His voice wasn't hurt at the fact, just accepting of it. Percy couldn't decide whether that was for the better or for the worst.

Percy looked back down at his leg to see that it had stopped shaking, and his body was calming down as well. "Where's Loki?"