Chapter 7: The Mato Exhibition Match!

Kestis Detective Agency

Today's a new day in a sunny morning at the Kestis Detective Agency. Do you ever wonder why Conrad and his friends are so delighted to enjoy breakfast? Such as pancakes with bacon and eggs, oatmeals, yogurt parfaits, and even English muffins?

As it turns out, Conrad's Aegis, Pyra, is an exceptionally talented cook. Her skills to cook knows no bounds when it comes to providing tasty, healthy, and nutritious meals.

Kin: Hmmm... Dude! If I have a bigger stomach like a Tetramend or Perk, I would definitely enjoy this!

Ratchet: Same here! We're really lucky to have her!

R2: .... *beeping and whistling sadly*

Clank: Same, R2. Same.

The Zoni Robot sympathized with his astro-droid buddy as he rubbed on top of R2's domed head to ease the feeling. Clank sympathized with his fellow mechanical buddy since he was unable to eat and only drank oil.

Even Conrad feels sorry for his astro-droid since machines can't eat food. So he patted R2 consolingly to comfort the droid.

Conrad: I feel sorry for you and Clank, R2. Honestly, I really do.

R2: *beeping and whistling*

Conrad: I know... Also, Pyra... This is so amazing! How did you come up with something delicious?

He bewilderedly asked his Blade as Pyra giggled and smiled before she happily replied.

Pyra: Learned it from big sister... Take it from wife instincts.

Conrad: I see... She must be really devoted to him...

Pyra: That's right... Also, you have something on your face. Here, let me help you.

As Pyra leaned in closer, a small blush reddened on Conrad's cheeks. She was holding the napkin to wipe out something crumbs ant stains on his cheek across his lip before she finished it.

Though he wanted to avoid eye contact, couldn't because he strikes Pyra as a beautiful and kind Aegis in his eyes.

Conrad: *blush* Uh... Thanks, Pyra... I...

Pyra: *giggles* Just eat slowly, okay? There's no need to rush when there's more.

She left Conrad and returned to the kitchen for a moment. Ratchet and Kin were quite surprised at how their best friend interacted with Pyra.

Kin: Woah, did our boss just blush? He must've earned one kind of beauty right here!

Ratchet: Haha! Yeah, I can imagine what it's like when it comes to husband and wife material.

Kin: I totally ship them.

Ratchet: Same...

Conrad: I can still hear you guys.

Irritation came to the Jedi when he tried to act cool but failed to hide his flustered mood, much to his friends' amusement when they found it pretty funny for them.

Pyra: It's okay to act cool or not, Conrad... You're actually showing your true self... *smiles and giggles*

Conrad: I'm not... *shook his head* Anyway... We need to know...

???: Hey, Conrad! You in there?!

It was interrupted by the sound of a familiar voice with a doorbell ringing that caught the attention of Conrad and his friends. The Jedi Detective expressed his knowing look while the rest of his friends frowned. Their expressions confused Pyra when she found it a bit strange why there was a female voice.