Staying Together Oneshot

Staying By Your Side

Dedicated to: ThePalmtopTiger89

Note: This oneshot escaped me and I had to edit the ending to not owe the reader another apology

-

The moment Kyouka awoke after a huge battle she already knew she just wanted to go back to sleep. The sun in her eye made her squint, and groan as she adjusted to it. The wounds made it hard and uncomfortable for her to stretch out her body, hindering her further. She craned her neck, tilting it to the side as heard a small crack, before doing it to the other. Her gaze peered down, bandages wrapped mainly on her left leg, reaching up to her abdomen. The hospital gown's collar opening showed that the bandages reached up to her collarbone. The memories were hazy of the fight but all she could remember was the uncomfortable and burning feeling of a rush of pressure pushing her far back.

Her ear jacks perked up picking up on various heartbeats, before she heard the sound of the door being slowly opened just a crack. She saw Ochako peak her head in, her eyes widening as Kyouka blankly stared in return. Kyouka fiddled with the beds control remote, sitting herself up so she could properly see them.

"She's awake!" Ochako cheered, opening the door fully, allowing Kyouka to see the three others that were with her. A shy Koda stood behind the others, his face hidden by Sero and Tsuyu. All of them had some form of injuries on their body, but not bad enough that they needed to stay in the hospital bed.

"How are you feeling?" Tsuyu asked as the four approached her hospital bed.

"Like shit," she easily replied. Her body was incredibly sore as if her muscles would scream out to her if she dared move.

"Well, you were out for a while," Sero said. Koda slowly nodded as he met her gaze for a brief moment.

"You were taken out pretty early on," Tsuyu continued. "I think they were targeting you specifically because of your quirk at that point."

Her memories were still all over the place. Various villains and quirks seemed almost like a blur. She could barely even remember what was the whole mission they were on in the first place. Just knew it was assigned to the class of third years as a means to getting used to work on the field. Nevermind how ironic that statement truly was. Then, as if something shot her she remembered something. A brief hazy memory, where after she was taken out, she awoke for a moment. Just long enough to hear the loud shout of "Creati" from one of her classmates. She hadn't even remembered, or bothered processing who it was. Then it was blank. Her memories stopped there.

"Where's Momo?" Kyouka immediately asked, stopping the small conversation that was going on.

Koda noticeably shrunk further into the background, his shaky eyes deliberately not once meeting hers. Tsuyu cleared her throat. "She's fine." Sero and Ochako's eyes shift at the words.