Chapter 33

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Kara asked as she nursed a cup of scalding hot coffee and attempted to not think about what happened yesterday.

The night had ended with all of them sleeping at Selina's place. For whatever reason, the drunken woman had dragged them all home with her before collapsing on the bed.

Kara had made sure to hack every camera in the club and erase any footage of the night before they left, and now, the next morning, or well, almost evening really, Kara and Selina sat awkwardly at the kitchen table.

"I need your help." Selina said, drinking her own cup of coffee and looking far too good for the night she had. "I'd usually go to the Bat with something like this but, with that whore in town, I guess you'll do."

"You're talking about that Talia woman?" Kara asked, pretending that she didn't know anything about it. When Selina nodded, she continued. "You do know she's staying in Bruce Wayne's manor, right? Not with Batman."

"Bullshit, she's just using our resident man-whore as a shield so nobody can attack her at home. She's after the Bat. She's always after the Bat." Selina took a calming sip of her drink and sighed. "Nevermind the bitch, I need your help saving a friend."

"Explain." Kara sighed, her eye following after Kori as the girl walked into the kitchen, poured herself another cup of coffee, and left to talk with Danette on the sofa.

"Damn, you've got it bad." Selina smirked, but continued explaining. "Alright, you remember that organization I told you about after I did the job?"

"...Yes." Kara said, her face flushed with embarrassment.

"Well, things are chaotic in the underworld right now. A few months ago, Ivy had 'agreed' to do a job for someone but, in the chaos, she thought she could get away from it." Selina tapped her nails on the table and glanced at Kara to see her reaction.

"I take it she was mistaken?" Kara lifted an eyebrow.

"Yes, but also no." Taking another sip, Selina laid back against her chair. "With them no longer holding a monopoly on things, Ivy would normally be strong enough to get away with it, but they used her boyfriend as bait and captured her in secret. I want your help rescuing her."

Kara finished her coffee and thought about the situation, 'they' were probably The Light... so they were losing enough control of the other villains that they were getting denied, Kara just bet Vandal loved that.

She tried to think about what The Light wanted with Ivy, then she remembered that Injustice League nonsense... But that was supposed to be months from now.

Well... they probably needed time to plan things, and also to experiment with using Blockbuster and Venom on Poison Ivy's plants.

"So, how did you find out about this? Did 'they' spread it around to intimidate other people?"

"A hero ended up rescuing her boyfriend. The guy got hurt doing it and couldn't save her as well, but the freed boyfriend came to me for help since he knew we were friends." Selina smiled at Kara with an amused smile.

"Not the League or Batman?" She asked, exercising a lot of restraint not to eavesdrop on Kori when she and Danette started laughing in the other room.

"Well, Kite-Man didn't think he could contact them without getting arrested too."

"Wait, Kite-Man? Poison Ivy was dating Kite-Man?" Kara almost shouted, her mouth hanging open. "Rao, I thought she was a lesbian."

"She's actually bi." Selina snickered at Kara's reaction. "Also, Kite-Man got a lot of clout when he helped Batman defeat the Joker. And you didn't even hear the best part, who do you think managed to rescue them?"