Chapter 36: Shopping For The Wedding

Author's POV:

After whatever happened, the alphas locked themselves in their rooms. No one has seen them. Everyone was waiting for Jungkook to do something, but they were confused when Jungkook didn't care at all and just went on dates with Eunwoo. Of course, this affected the alphas more when they heard about their mate going on dates, which isn't with one of them.

Fortunately, one morning, when Jungkook came downstairs, he saw everyone sitting silently while eating their dinner. He sat down beside his mama, who completely ignored them. 

Soobin was mad at him for getting revenge by using dirty ways. Soobin angrily told him that he could've physically beaten them if he wanted justice and revenge for the omegas. He believed that Jungkook just proved the alphas right. He proved them right that omegas would cheat and that they do not take relationships seriously.

Jungkook ignored him and didn't give it a thought because that's what his wolf told him to do. His wolf believed that this was one of the best punishments. His wolf believed that mental punishment was always stronger than physical punishment. Physical wounds can be healed, but mental wounds will stay with you forever.

Anyway, back to the story.

With a sigh, Jungkook told the maids to call the alphas and tell them that it's his order.

After a few minutes, 6 almost lifeless alphas came to the dining table and sat down. 

Jungkook looked at the malnourished alphas emotionlessly. They looked very thin compared to their usual bulky and muscular bodies. They had big dark circles under their eyes. Their eyes were bloodshot red and swollen. They looked way too pale, and their bodies almost looked like a robot. They looked emotionless, just a living body without a soul. Their fingers were shaking as they ate their food from their spoons.

Jungkook kept staring at them with guilty eyes but flinched when his wolf mindlinked him.

Gguk: This is the least of the punishment. The omegas have gone through way more than this. They've been tortured mentally and physically for decades. We're going easy on them.

Jungkook took a heavy breath before blocking the mindlink.

Jungkook: You guys should go shopping for the wedding with me, too.

Jungkook said, breaking the silence.

Everyone looked at Jungkook, even the lifeless alphas.

The alphas felt their hearts break once again when they saw Jungkook looking at them, clearly telling this to them.

How can they even go shopping for the wedding of their own mate? How can Jungkook even think that they'll be able to shop for clothes knowing it's their mate's wedding?

But they didn't want to disappoint their mate. They promised each other that they'll do whatever Jungkook said. They'll accept whatever that'll make Jungkook happy, so with a nod, they started eating again.

Turned out that they made one of the biggest mistake.

When they went downstairs, they saw Eunwoo hugging jungkook, who was smiling widely.

They gulped the lump in their throat before making their way downstairs.

When Jungkook saw them, he held Eunwoo's bicep and clinged closer to him.

Taehyung clenched his fist when he saw Eunwoo also wrapping his arms around Jungkook's petite waist and pulling him closer.

How dare he? Just as he was about to attack Eunwoo, he got stopped by Yoongi once again.

Yoongi: Don't do something that'll disappoint or embarrass Jungkook.

Yoongi whispered angrily.

Taehyung's eyes teared up. He didn't want to lose his mate. It was too much for his heart. Just when he thought they'd have a happy and peaceful life with their omega, Eunwoo came into their lives. Just as he was sure that he'd not be killed just for showing affection to his mate, Jungkook left them in a span of a minute.

He harshly pushed Yoongi's hand away before sitting down in a car.

Eunwoo: I'll take my beautiful fiancé on my bike.

Eunwoo announced to the family before pulling Jungkook. He sat down on his expensive bike, and Jungkook sat down behind him with an excited smile. He wrapped his arms around Eunwoo.

Hobi: I wish I was there instead of Eunwoo.

Hobi said it with longing eyes. He looked at his mate's disappearing figure with a heavy heart.

Today was torture for the alphas. They watched their mate buy wedding suits and rings, looking all happy and giddy. They just stood there and watched everything happen. They knew that they couldn't do anything because it'd make Jungkook sad or mad. 

So they just watched their precious mate shop for his wedding. 

What made it even harder was that Jungkook was acting just like a friend to them. For example, asking which dress Eunwoo would find him beautiful in or which ring would match Eunwoo's. They couldn't do anything but just answer because the smile that Jungkook would show afterward was more important than their pain. 

That's how they spent the day watching their mate getting lovey dovey with his fiance. And Jungkook acting just like friends with them. Acting like nothing happened at all between them.

Judging from how Jungkook was acting friendly with them, they guessed Eunwoo didn't know about their relationship, so that's why they also didn't say anything, as to not make Jungkook angry.