5 - Friendship (Doge)

I'm sitting anxiously in my seat waiting for the class to be over. Please don't let Wilton be in my next class, god.. I plead. It's bad enough I have to share a room with him, I'll be lucky if he doesn't kill me in my sleep.
"Ah~" I exclaim. What the.. I feel a wet slop fall on my neck. I go to reach for it. What.. what is this.. I go to inspect it further, rubbing it between my thumb and index finger. It's— It's paper?? Eugh— Did someone shoot a spitball at me? It wasn't Wilton, he's right next to me. I immediately drop the ball.
     "Hey! Who did that?" Professor Walnut asks.
     Great. Way to keep it on the low. Now everyone is gonna know I'm the new kid who's getting shot with spit balls. Twenty minutes left. I slump down in my chair. Please let this go by faster.. I rest my head on my desk.
     Riiiiiing
     Finally it's over. I check my schedule. Divination? I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for that class. I stand up from my seat.
     "AHHHHHHH"
     I fall straight onto a nearby desk, roll off, bang my head into a chair, and land straight on my face. I choke back my tears and lie on the ground in shock, but I see red pooling beside me. Oh my god, is that my blood? I spot Footletuce and Wilton snickering by the door, just before they exit the room completely.
      "Doge! Oh my, are you alright? Here here, let me take you to the nurse." Professor walnut says as he hurriedly approaches me.
      I can't seem to make out the words, it hurts too bad. I feel his rough, strong hands grasp me. One hand cradling my back and the other around my knees, carrying me bridal style. I'd rather him throw me on the ground and curb stomp me, this is so embarrassing. Leave me on the ground to bleed out, please.
     We make it halfway through the hall when Professor Walnut starts babbling again.
     "Gosh darn, my old knees can't take this. Here, lets take a break." He says, and we stop in the middle of the hall.
      This old man, I'd literally get there faster if I got up and crawled. Students pass by, whispering to each other. I can't blame them, if I saw someone lying on Professor Walnut's lap in the middle of the hall I'd probably whisper too.
     "Ahh.. I'm gonna go grab my water bottle, let me just take a sip of water real quick." He says, his voice hoarse.
     He leaves me lying in the middle of the hallway. Besides the pounding in my head, I honestly feel fine. I get up and limp towards the nurse's office, or at least, where I think it is. Before I get there, I run into someone.
     "Klicks?"
     "Doge? What are you doing here.. And why do you look like that? What happened?"
     "It's.. It's a long a story," I say, embarrassed. "Do you know how to get to the Nurse's office?" I ask.
     "Yeah it's um— just down this way.. Do you want me to show you? Or.. like you know.. help you?" He asks, concerned.
     "Yeah, a little help would be nice, thanks." I reply, weakly smiling.
     He takes my arm and gently slings it across his shoulders, placing his arm around my waist. He guides me to the nurse's room.
     "Hi guys! How can I hel—" The nurse says, turning around. "Oh wow— Um.. you can lay him down here." She says, pointing to the examination table. Klicks lies me on the bed and exits the room.
     "Hey Klicks?" I say, right before he steps out the room. "Thanks."
     He looks at me and smiles warmly. "Of course."
     At least I have someone I can count on here.