xiii. busted

𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎
chapter thirteen.
brady's pov 🌊
( the coffee shop ! )

"CONNOR, WANNA explain to me why you were all over Kalani at the docks?" I ask as he enters the kitchen, and he freezes

"Uh... what are you talking about? I hate her." He mutters, but it's not very convincing.

"Mhm... definitely." I snort, and he rolls his eyes.

"I do, but she was upset." He reasons. "Her childhood dog died and she didn't wanna burden Sabrina with it since she was all worried about her relationship with you, I was just helping her feel better."

"Bullshit. She walked her dog yesterday." I call his bluff, and he groans.

"Fine, fine. I like Kalani, she likes me. We aren't sure what exactly we're doing about it yet, but we're... something."

"I could've told you that you two were something two weeks ago when you met." I mumble, and he slaps the back of my head.

I groan in pain and he ignores me, going into the pantry and grabbing a carton of goldfish, throwing them at me.

I catch it, and Connor grabs a soda from the fridge before he walks back over to me, taking them from me and sitting down across from me.

"How's it going with Brina?" Connor asks, and I shrug.

"Fine, I guess. I haven't made a direct move yet, but—" I pause. "Did you call her Brina?"

He raises an eyebrow. "Yeah? That's what Lani calls her, so i just adapted to it."

"You still callin her Lani? Even after she told you so many times she hates it?" I question.

"She's come to love it," he smiles just barely. "She's got me wrapped around her damn finger and she doesn't even know it. I'm so done for, Brady."

"You're not the only one." I mumble. "Sab's got me questioning if I wanna go to UCLA or not just because I won't get to see her."

Connor's jaw drops. "If you give up UCLA I will personally murder you. Sabrina will still feel the same for you no matter if you live here or in LA."

I sigh as I run a hand through my hair. "I know, I just... I gotta make a move before I leave or we'll never go anywhere."

"It's not that hard, just kiss her or something. That's that I did with Lani." He shrugs. "Well— more like she demanded that if I was into her I better do something about it, but still."