Chapter 7 | Feelings

You and Nat spent the next few hours helping wounded people and talking to the professionals about the lead suspect in the case: James Buchanan Barnes.

He was the infamous Winter Soldier credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years, as Natasha had told you. He was also Cap's old war buddy, Bucky. Steve's childhood best friend.

You were lost in your thoughts, standing next to Natasha, who was having a conversation with someone from the CIA, that you didn't hear your phone ring.

"Y/N, sweetie, your phone's ringing." Nat said, as she shook your shoulder.

"Oh, yeah, shoot. Sorry, lost in my thoughts." You said, uncrossing your arms and reaching your hand into your pocket to get your phone out.

Natasha smiled gently at you as you hit accept on the call.

"Y/N, hey, hey! Are you okay? Are you hurt? How's Triple Imposter over there?" Your Father spoke down the phone, in a worried
voice.

"No, no, Dad. Slow down. Chill, we're okay. We're good. Neither of us got hurt too bad, can't say the same for a lot of others but we're helping out here for now." You said, trying to calm him down. He always worried too much about you.

Natasha looked at you. You just smiled and mouthed: "Dad". She nodded and walked off back to the forensics team.

"Okay, okay. That's good."

"Yeah, Dad, we're all good here. Don't worry."You said.

"Okay, so I'm getting Happy to drive Nat to the airport so she can get to the Berlin CIA facility. They've got eyes on Barnes, a bunch of Bucharest police've got him cornered, with Cap and Sam too. I need you to get your suit on and go arrest them with Rhodes, you understand?" He asked.

"Holy shit! No way! You want me to go arrest them? And in my suit?" You asked, bewildered and trying to hide your excitement.

"Yep, but I need you to go now kiddo, I've gotta call Nat and tell her what's going on, I'm already at the facility so I'll met Nat there, and then you with Rhodes." He finished.

"Okay, Dad, where's the suit?"

"On its way now." He said.

He must've asked FRIDAY to deploy it, you thought.

"Okay, Dad, I wont let you down!"

"Good luck, kiddo, Rhodey'll meet you there with the suit and then you'll go get 'em, piece o' cake."

"Alright! Bye Dad!" You said.

"Bye, kiddo." And with that he hung up.

————

"So what are we looking at, Rhodes?" You asked him. You were now flying through Europe, making your way to Bucharest with Uncle RoRo.

"Just standard Bucharest Cops got him, Sam and Steve cornered under a bridge." He said, through comms.

"Okay, so we just get 'em and get out right? Take them to Berlin, to my Dad and the CIA and that's it?" You asked, making sure you got the plan right.

"Yup, easy as that, Y/N/N." He said as he flew ahead of you, guiding the way.

————

Finally, you thought as you turned as corner and saw the 3, no, 4 people surrounded by cops.

You weren't expecting a fourth person, he seemed so be dressed as a... cat?

You didn't care, all that mattered was this going perfect for you so you could prove to your Dad you were a worthy Avenger.