Chapter 5 | Pointless Bullshit

Vienna, Austria

You walked into the meeting room with Natasha, your Dad wasn't at this one but wanted you to go along as you were new to the political side of being an Avenger.

Natasha was infront of you, she knew you weren't overly fond of these types of meetings but growing up with your Father as the Founder of Stark Industries and your Mother as the CEO you got accustomed to them pretty quickly.

She walked over and showed you hers and your seats - which were of course next to each to her, with you on the end of an aisle and her on the seat to your left - and quickly spoke to a lady as you took off your Trench Coat and placed it on back of your chair.

Nat then spotted the Prince of Wakanda - you were pretty sure his name was T'Challa - and walked over to him, motioning with her head for you to do the same.

"I suppose none of us are used to the spotlight." He spoke. (A/N: i know these aren't the original words he said but I changed it to sound like he was addressing both Nat and the reader 🫶🏼)

"Oh, well, it's not always so flattering." Nat said, with a small smile on her face.

T'Challa spoke again: "You both seem to be doing alright so far."

You smiled nervously and nodded at him, unsure what to say.

"Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill, I wouldn't think you'd be particularly comfortable in this company."

You knew he was talking about the time, a couple years back, that she told the government to 'kiss her ass' as Sam put it.

"Oh, well, I'm not." She said, with her iconic smirk again.

"And that alone makes me glad you are here Ms. Romanoff, you too Ms. Stark. I know you grew up in the spotlight, you must not be too comfortable with it, either." the Prince said, with respect.

You nodded, giving him a small smile, much alike Nat's one.

Natasha spoke again, "Why? You don't approve of all this?"

She was prodding now, something she always did. You admired her confidence, after all, this was the Prince of Wakanda.

He looked around, before saying: "The Accords: yes. The politics: not really."

Amen to that, you thought.

You'd never liked big meetings like this, thinking they were stupid and pointless. Like T'Challa said: you had grown up in the spotlight, meaning you hated big, official meetings like this, absolutely despised them, in fact. But you knew that this was a side to being an Avenger, and you were ready to do anything to prove you were worthy of that title, anything.

He carried on speaking: "Two people in a room, can get more done than a hundred."

You 1000% agreed with this.

"Unless you need to move a piano." You jumped into Nat as T'Challa's father - King T'Chaka - came up behind you.

You stepped back into the place you were standing before and smiled at him apologetically, brushing off you suit.

"Sorry, dear." He said, he placed a hand on your shoulder.

Both, T'Chaka and T'Challa greeted each other in their language before the King turned to face you and Natasha.

He spoke, "Ms. Stark, Ms. Romanoff."

"King T'Chaka." Nat nodded her head as she spoke.

"Lovely to see you, your highness." You said, smiling softly at him and nodding your head, out of respect.

"Please, allow me to apologise for what happened in Nigeria." Nat said, softly, her voice low.

"Thank you," King T'Chaka said, nodding his head at both you and Natasha.

"Thank you both for agreeing to all this." he spoke sadly, "I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today."

"Yes, so are we." You said as you smiled, sadly.

The speakers blared a man's voice, saying: "If everyone could please be seated. This assembly is now in session."

The Prince looked over at his Father then back at you, saying: "That is the future calling." as he nodded his head, "such a pleasure." he said to you and Nat.

You and Natasha made your way over to your seats and the meeting began, boring you, of course.

After about 10 minutes of mindless speaking of politics and other bullshit you didn't care about, you noticed Nat glancing over to the window, you looked over aswell, given her worried expression. When you did, you noticed T'Challa looking out the window with concentration.

All of a sudden he yelled: "GET DOWN!" running over to his Father, who was the one speaking at the front of the meeting room.

Nat got off her chair and pulled you down just as the building exploded, she had her whole body over yours, protecting you. This was why Natasha was like a Mother to you, especially since you didn't have much contact with yours at the moment.

After a few moments, she got up but crouched very near to you.

"You okay, hun?" She asked, her breathing was heavy and uneven.

"Yea... yea... I think so." You said, while nodding.

"Okay, come on. We need to get up, sweetie." She got up and helped you up.

You got outside and sat on bench, trying to understand what the hell just happened.

A/N:

That's it for Chapter 5! Please vote and comment! It helps me out so much!!

Have a great day/night and I'll cya in the next chapter loves! 🫶🏼

~Fluffy 🫶🏼

(Word count: 917)