20.

She deserves it just like everyone else.

~•~

Freya's first match awaited her after her break, which lasted for several weeks during which her opponents were collecting points in the standings. She currently had the fewest points, but if she counted correctly, she could still make it to the top. However, she would have to win all the upcoming tournaments. She would have to become the Max Verstappen of the Badminton world and lead the standings until people started playing the Swedish anthem.

She sat in the car with her mother, who was still angry with her because during the days they spent together on the court and training, she still hadn't told her where she had spent the past weeks. Freya refused to reveal that she had been locked up in Ystad with her father because she knew how much her mother despised him.

The girl couldn't understand how those two could be married and even have two children, because they hated each other from the bottom of their hearts. Or at least her mother hated her father. Her father was so neutral and rather uninterested in her because he no longer needed it - unlike her, he found a new wife with whom he had more children. Her mother invested all her time in her daughter and never found a new husband. Freya didn't even know if her mother had a relationship after their divorce because she was constantly with her, so she guessed not.

The blue McLaren raced through the streets of Austria, where her tournament was supposed to take place. More precisely in Vienna, the capital of this beautiful country. It annoyed her a bit that Max was on the other side of the world because she was currently in the country where Red Bull was based, so she could at least hope that Max might be in this country.

He wasn't. Max was currently in Canada preparing for the race because they had already completed the qualification. Of course, he was in the first place, but whether he would keep it in the race was up to him - after all, after various upgrades, McLaren and Ferrari were quite fast, and they were causing problems for Red Bull. Suddenly Max had more competition, but the races were more interesting because he no longer led by twenty to thirty seconds. He still led by a good seven to ten seconds, but the gap was closing, and in Monaco, he even won by just one second.

In the driver's seat sat no one else but her mother. Of course, she didn't let her daughter sit in the driver's seat because this car could go fast, and she didn't want her daughter to drive fast - however, she didn't know that she often went on trips with Max, who taught her fast driving. He taught her not to be afraid when driving fast and even taught her how to concentrate behind the wheel so she wouldn't get easily distracted because that would be the biggest problem when driving fast.

She loved fast driving. She found out thanks to Max. At first, she was very afraid, but over time she began to enjoy it and understood why Formula One drivers enjoyed that fast driving. Of course, she didn't drive as fast as they did. Her car really couldn't go three hundred kilometers per hour, but she still drove quite fast. For her, it was fast enough.