11.

"I think I'll stick with the cockpit, but I understand why people love horseback riding."

~•~

The next day, the whole family was out of the house. Alma was at work - she works as an accountant for a local company, so she wasn't out of town, but she wasn't at home either. She often works from home, but she probably wanted to leave the duo alone when she found out that the others wouldn't be home. Hugo and Nils, of course, weren't at home either because they were at school. Freya didn't see their Red Bull caps anywhere, which Max had also signed for them, so she guessed they took them to show off. And her father had to go to Stockholm for work because some system broke down in a company, and as one of the best IT technicians in the country, he was hot property that traveled all over Sweden just to help other companies.

Freya decided she wouldn't hesitate, and as soon as she woke up, she started preparing breakfast. She was never the best at housework, but she was good at one thing: making the best diet pancakes. She could make regular ones too, but she knew Max was on a diet because of Formula, and she shouldn't overeat during her break because you never know when she'll be back on the court.

"Pancakes?" a voice behind her asked. It startled the girl because she didn't hear anyone coming. It could also have been because she had music playing, singing and dancing along. When she realized Max must have seen her, she blushed. She must have been red all over, because she was truly embarrassed. She was never the best dancer, and certainly not a singer. No one in her family could sing, so she didn't have it in her genes.

"Next time wear a bell, for God's sake," the girl blurted out, while holding onto her heart. Max just laughed and went to her to help her back on her feet.

At that moment, the girl noticed what the boy was wearing. She was used to Red Bull clothing or his black hoodie. She also knew him only with styled hair. This time he looked completely different. He was wearing black sleeping shorts and a white worn-out T-shirt, wrinkled from presumably tossing around in his sleep. And his hair? Unkempt and sticking out in all directions - just like when he took off his balaclava after the race. But now his hair wasn't sweaty, so they looked a little different after all.

He looked very attractive, and Freya could imagine seeing this every morning. But she had to push these thoughts away because it would never happen - this is a special occasion that won't repeat itself because when something good happens to the girl, something very bad always follows.

She must have looked like someone who didn't want to be seen as an imperfect person with her leggings and tank top. But she just changed because she didn't need the three-time Formula One world champion to see her wearing a Hello Kitty shirt.

"I'm not a god yet," Max laughed, "but thank you for the compliment."

"You're awful, you know that?" the girl told him.