🌟 (3) The Shadows of Trinity 🌟

book by Historyfan2003 .

Cover - 4.5/5

To start off this lovely review, let's talk about the cover. First off, I love the simplicity with the color scheme being black and white considering this is a work of historical fiction. I find it oddly appealing. I think the only thing to improve here color-wise would be to incorporate some red, some red tones working out of the light in the middle could be a soft touch, but enough to make a huge difference.

As far as the words go. I really like the font, and the formatting seems to be perfect, again there's nothing wrong here, but something I think you could improve on is adding a shadow to your text, they're already white in a pit of darkness so adding some more contrast with a shadow could draw people to click more often.

Just in case I haven't said this yet, this cover is beautiful, and very professional; well done.

Title - 5/5

After doing some quick research (googled), I think this title is extremely fitting. There's many different ways it can be taken. The Trinity test involves nuclear energy and atomic bombs which is what this work seems to be about! I also, like I said in the previous space, really love the focus on light and dark with shadows, I think it's a perfect way to highlight war.

Blurb + Logline - 7.5/15

Okay, let's dive into this blurb. I'm going to point out all the mistakes I see since it's short. I'm going to credit your first sentence as a logline, but I really think you could create a ligament one with this idea. A logline is typically an introduction to a character, a situation, and a goal. Here's an example of a modern day movie. Buddy the Elf realizes that he isn't truly an Elf at all, in search of a greater purpose he ventures to New York to find out answers to his unknown past. Loglines can push a second agenda in the story, and they're always extremely hooking. Most stories call for once since they have a main character. If your story doesn't have one, that'd be the only reason to not include one.

The first sentence has an extra word, "where" isn't needed since you're using "in an alternate 1950," as an introductory phrase, you'd go straight into the next clause. "...the Soviet Union.."

In the next sentence, "The well known psychiatrist," is yet another introductory phrase, there needs to be a comma after the word 'psychiatrist' and after Opperhiemer's name, and a hyphen should be placed between "well" & "known"

The fourth little paragraph/sentence is also incorrect. They're incomplete thoughts. You need to combine the two sentences, and maybe even consider rewording them. The second half of the current second sentence doesn't make much sense. Here's my take on a fix.