Friends?

It's been five days since we came to Cannes and we have been to all the nice places starting from Le Suquet to la Croisette, we explored a lot of famous shops and places. Other than exploring places we tried almost all the famous dishes and beaches in Cannes. The sad part is that now I have to explore things on my own, Kritika is busy with her work and Kabir is busy with the paperwork for the equipment. As for me, I am already bored sitting at home and wandering in the streets so I came up with exploring the museums and churches. That's something I want to do now, France has always attracted me, everything about this country is beautiful from people, places, and stories. It's still hard to believe that France is the country where my mom and Dad fell in love.

"Mia??"

"Yes, Mrs. Martin?"

"Oh, here you are child. I was searching for you downstairs."

"You wanted something from me?"

"No, I bought you some cream puffs that I baked. You asked me last time."

"Oh my god, Thanks Mrs. Martin, you are the best." Mrs. Martin is our caretaker, she is also our neighbor and is the sweetest lady on the planet, also the best pâtissier. Her cream puffs, chocolate truffles, and Leamon Trat are so delicious and I can have them all day.

"It's alright dear. By the way, where are those two?"

"Kritika has gone to the Fashion studio and Kabir has gone to get the papers ready."

"Ok, and what are you doing?"

"I am bored I have a lot of free time."

"Then why don't you help me?"

"With what?"

"I was going to the church nearby to distribute some desserts and toys in the orphan house."

"Sure."

"Ok then get ready. Meet me in 10 minutes."

"Ok, sure."

I got up and changed my teddy bear night suit, which I wear at home because it's cute. I changed into my white summer dress which I matched with gladiators and a pale hat. I was about to take my car keys when Dad called.

"Hii, princess."

"Yo, Dad. How are you?"

"I am good, it seems like somebody is happy. How is Cannes treating you?"

"I love the place dad, you can find everything here from expensive dresses to beautiful places. Everything."

"Hmmm, so you don't plan to come to India?"

"What? No, I love India. It's home Dad."

"I know princess, just kidding."

"How is everyone ?"

"They are great and are missing you."

"Me too, Dad."

"And-"

"Hurry up Mia. We will be late." Mrs. Martin shouted from downstairs.

"Coming. Dad I will call you later I have to hurry."

"Sure, but call me soon."

"Yes, love you, Dad."

"Love you." I hung up the phone and went downstairs running after shutting the door. When I went down, I saw that there were a lot of other ladies as well. One I remember was Mrs. Richard, the other was her daughter Fiona, and the other I was seeing her for the first time. She looked like a girl in her early 20s with pale skin and beautiful black eyes.