Suit Yourself!

“Sir- sir- I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that everything got out of hand and-”

“Shut up!” Yelled the caller from the other side to Max. “I gave you numerous chances only to get disappointed again and again. And your little slut! Do you want me to take her life so that you don't question my patience anymore?”

“No no sir, please. Please don't hurt Mia. I'll take care of this, sir, give me one last chance. I swear I'll make everything go on your way. Please sir, I beg you.” Max's voice was so low to the ground. He begged and apologised constantly to his boss, the mastermind. 

“One last chance, Max. If you repeat the same mistakes I'm afraid you'll not live anymore, your slut won't either! ”

“No sir! No- I'll do anything!” 

“Kill him sooner.” Said the caller and cut the call leaving Max all bewildered and scared. 

***

A knock on the door made Kaira open her eyes in debility. She wasn't interested in whoever or whatever it was. Her dead eyes lowered the gaze from the door and closed again only to get shut open surprised with a very familiar voice.

“Kai?” A soft sound blessed her ears and soul. It was the voice for which she longed and waited till then. Kaira stood up without realising how weak her body was. Losing the balance she grabbed the table nearby for support and struggling to even stand she tried running towards the door. The energy she regained hearing that voice helped her move. Kaira opened the door with her twinkling eyes filled in tears. Her blurry vision did not fail to admire the beauty of the man that stood before her. His face was charismatic as it was before. She did not feel the weakness around him, he was back more strong and determined. Kaira took one more step ahead to touch the person to make herself believe that wasn't her hallucination but fell forward in absence of no more energy only to get pulled upwards by two strong hands that held her tight like a valuable piece of art. He hugged her and lifted her carrying her safely inside the house as she kept on weeping in silence but some wet spots on his shirt due to her tears remained. 

“What have yo-u done to you-rself, Kai?” Lucas's voice broke with tears rolling down his cheeks while he lifted her face to get a clear view of her. Her eyes were swollen and surrounded by dark circles. The face looked shabby and tired. Her hair spread unevenly. She was weak, and she was suffering. Her state broke Lucas's heart. He couldn't control his tears and for the first time in his life he cried and sobbed kneeling down in front of someone. Seeing Lucas crying on his knees, Kaira embraced him and caressed his hair as she too shed tears of happiness. None of them spoke anything as their presence was enough to answer the questions they both held in mind. 

“I love you.” Said Kaira, placing a smile on her crying face. 

“I love you too a lot, Kaira.” Said Lucas snuggling more into her. 

They both stayed in each other's comfort for a long time. And then Kaira pulled herself out from the hug cupping Lucas's face and wiped his tears. "I never want to see tears in your eyes, Luc. From now on I'll do all I can to never see you cry." Kaira said reminiscing the words he told her once. She was sure of what she said. Hearing that made Lucas hold her hand and kiss it. Later he looked for some food to feed her but there was nothing in her kitchen. ‘My Kai loves me this much?’ he thought as he looked for something to cook. Lucas was born in a wealthy family with a very busy and abusive father and a careless unloving mother. Since his childhood even after having parents he lived like an orphan and the only difference was that he had a shelter to call home which wasn't entirely a home for him. The circumstances Lucas grew up in turned him cold and cruel with a decision to love none in his life because he did not know what that was. Meeting Richard was a coincidence but the similarities in their personality wasn't. Lucas and Richard got along so well the first time they met. Richard was a boy at that time who lacked emotions and Lucas who hated emotions. Richard was powerful and Lucas strong. Both needed revenge and reputation and their same mindset was dangerous and could bring havoc to everything once acted together. The trip to India changed both Richard's and Lucas's life. Meeting Kaira was also a coincidence but the destiny written for them wasn't. Lucas got a glimpse of himself in her eyes and knew that moment he must stay away from this woman or if too late he can never stay away from her. But destiny brought both of them together occasionally and each time both got closer than expected. 

Kaira seemed like someone very familiar to Lucas because her life resembled his. She too was a child who never got the right love or care. Her parents were busy with their work, having no time for their child. Kritika was the first ever friend who would do anything for Kaira to see her happy. Kritika was a pure hearted person to those who deserve. 

***

I was sitting in the old house checking the details of Rakesh Verma. I must plan my last and final strike. I would've taken Verma down if it wasn't for Lucas and Kritika. Everything that happened was out of my reach and expectations. In a split second things turned upside down. I should have been careful when Lucas started doubting Mia. In search of the real enemy I forgot to look for the enemies that hid within my people. Mia must be the one to poison Lucas but was she the one behind the attack on Kritika? If it's proved then Mia, she will see why I'm called merciless. 

Rakesh Verma as per the information I got has stopped looking for us and is now focusing on keeping his wealth safe and half of that belongs to me. The incident that took place years ago resulting in both my mom and sister reaching the brink of death made my dad more cruel. The friend he trusted the most betrayed him and that hurt my dad. He started training me day and night to be an undefeatable monster. He made me heartless like him but soon the reality started making sense to him. With my mom's help my dad started realising his mistakes which made him guilty and remorseful but there was no turning back of the things he did till then. I was a victim but I could do nothing but to be a puppet and when I at last broke the strings attached to me I was more powerful and unstoppable that I even exceeded my dad. Soon the soft side of my dad started influencing in the business when I was abroad and Verma, that cunning bastard took the chance to loot us and trick my dad. Now it's time to take back everything Verma earned falsely from the De Vil family. 

“Suit yourself“ I clicked the button and sent the message to Verma from an unknown account yet he wouldn't fail to recognize me.