Chapter 25

Thursday 14th April
6:30 pm

Moyo

I pulled up outside of Ci's house

I sat in my car for a second just collecting my thoughts. They were running like a constant stream of consciousness.

One thought after the other, Imagining the worst scenario.

Of course this isn't the way I wanted things to happen and I know I'm going to hear Ci's lil ass the next time I see her.

I work up the nerve and go into the house by going through the backyard door.

I walk up the stairs with flowers in my hands.

I stand behind Ci's door and knock three times.

"Ci, did you forget your key?" I hear Rae respond back.

It felt so good to hear her voice. It's been less than 24 hours and I missed her like crazy.

"No baby, ermm it's me." I say nervously clearing my throat. This was also followed by my palms getting sweaty.

"Cam, what are you doing here ?"

"I came to see you baby. Look I'm sorry okay. I'm sorry for missing your calls, I'm sorry for not being there but I can't do this shutting out thing."

I could hear her sniffing more and more.

"I appreciate the apology Cam, but I don't wanna see you right now. It's nothing that you did okay. I just need some time."

"Baby what's going on? Why are you shutting me out ? Why are you crying? Did something happen?"

Now I was a hot tempered nigga and I could feel myself  getting frustrated but I was trying to keep my cool.

But I feared my emotions would get the better of me.

"Cam, please just leave it alone for right now."

"Baby, open the door." I started to jiggle the door handle.

-

Rae