The Lyon's Roar

Kelly sat in her dad's office, leaning against his desk as she waited for him to come in as Becky said he was on his way

Kelly sat in her dad's office, leaning against his desk as she waited for him to come in as Becky said he was on his way. Once her father arrived, he smiled seeing his daughter. 

"There you are, I was just about to call you" he gave her a hug and kiss on the head. "I told you about wearing them short skirts"

"And I told you as long as you allow Hakeem to do what he does with all of them girls, I'll wear what I want, when I want" Kelly rolled her eyes playfully at her dad. "My body, my clothes" 

Lucious chuckled and sat down in his chair. Kelly sat down in the other chair, putting her phone on the desk. 

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Kelly asked him, fixing her hair. 

"Your music video. I wanna throw you a video release party" he told her, and she nodded her head. "Invite everyone to see your debut video and introduce Kelly Lyon to the world"

Smiling, Kelly liked the sound of that idea. Things were getting better when it came to starting her music career. It was making her have hope for the future. 

"I'd like that" she told him. "I'll let my friends know" 

"I'll start setting that up for you, now what did you need?" he then asked his child. 

"At the showcase, I didn't like how you said that the future of Empire was Hakeem and Jamal" she admitted to him. "What about me? Why wasn't I mentioned? Do you really think that I won't make it as far as them?"

"No, of course not. That's not what I meant at all" Lucious shook his head, trying to explain himself. "I was just hyping them up to go perform. Of course you're also a part of the future of Empire. Hell, you might be the most important part"

"Not might, I am" she corrected him. "I don't know why I'm not being taken serious around here but from now on, I better be, or it won't end well" she stepped closer to the desk. "This video just finished and with how long it took for just that, I already wrote a whole album. I love you dad, I do. You know that but I will not play when it comes to my time, effort and money. You of all people should know that." she left the office, already regretting signing that contract. 

She went to the clothing store to find a dress to wear to The White Party that empire was having. Feeling her phone buzz, she looked down seeing it was Hakeem that texted her. Something about a family song that they were doing, him and Jamal. She ignored the text message and kept looking at the text messages. She didn't wanna hear anything else about Empire at the moment. They pissed her off. She messaged Jade to come and within 20 minutes, she was there. 

"So, what's on your mind?" Jade asked as they looked at the dresses. 

"Everyone is pissing me off" Kelly told her best friend. "I'm not being taken serious at Empire and it's making me mad. How is that me, you and the others signed at the same time, and you all have your debut videos out already? Then there's me who just finished my video"