Pilot

The party was jumping on the boat

The party was jumping on the boat. Music blasting, girls dancing. It was great for Hakeem Lyon. He was all over the women, them feeding him, him feeding them. On the lower deck was Jamal Lyon playing the piano. In a chair to the side was Kelly Lyon, the youngest of the Lyon cubs, Hakeem's twin sister. They may be the same age, but Hakeem will always hold the "5 minutes older" over her. She hates it at times, but it comes to her advantage when she needs it. She was her dad's favorite as she was the only girl and she loved it. She got whatever she wanted. Well almost everything. He would not let her go on a date or have a boyfriend and he probably wouldn't let her have a girlfriend either.

"Empire state of mind!" Hakeem rapped coming down the stairs. 'Let's go!" He walked over to Jamal.

"Things are looking up," Jamal sang.

Clearly the family was full of musicians. Hakeem rapping and Jamal singing. Kelly sang too but not under her father's label. To the world, she was known for her fashion sense.

‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗

Kelly walked into her dad's home with Hakeem sitting down at the table after hugging Jamal. Their dad had called them all over for some reason. She just hoped it wasn't anything bad.

"Dad's going to yell at you for having your feet on the table" Kelly sat down next to her twin chuckling. Hakeem just pulled her hair making her whine in pain while hitting his face.

"Rita, did you bring the hummus?' Kelly's oldest brother, Andre, walked to the table. "Hey y'all" he said to his siblings. "Jamal, how's that friend of yours?" he then asked.

"Good, why did you flake on dinner last Tuesday?" Jamal got right to the point and Kelly almost choked on her soda.

"Schedule was crazy" Andre looked at Jamal.

"I mean, but you could've called or something. Like we cooked and everything. That's so rude"

"I forgot" they heard footsteps and Lucious Lyon walked in.

"I'm glad you're all here" he started. "And get your big-ass feet off my $40,000 table! I eat there!" Kelly smirked at him.

"I told you so" she laughed, and Lucious kissed her on the head. "Hi dad"

"Hi princess"

Lucious walked to the front of the table. "Your brother and I have worked hard to turn Empire into a publicly traded company. Now going public means ensuring a legacy for this company, and right now it seems like none of you are prepared to take over after I'm gone" he looked over at Kelly seeing her mood drop as he mentioned himself being gone. "Now it won't happen today, nor tomorrow but I will start grooming someone soon and it can only be one of you" the boys all looked at each other for a second.