The Devil Quotes Scripture

Kelly sat with Hakeem sat in the performance hall watching Tiana practice her new song and Kelly raised an eyebrow seeing how Tiana and Hakeem were looking at each other. She shook her head and walked to her father and Anika.

"Hi dad. Hey Anika" Kelly kissed her dad's cheek.

Lucious kissed his daughter's cheek back and Anika waved before Lucious saw the way Tiana and Hakeem were looking at each other.

"Did Hakeem and Tiana hook up?" Lucious asked.

"That's what I look like" Anika said before Hakeem walked over.

"Dad, we need to talk" he said and the two walked off.

"So, I heard about you getting a deal" Anika said and Kelly nodded, smiling.

"Yea. I'm trying to get in the studio as soon as possible but every time I do, something comes up" she sighed, crossing her arms. "Last week it was dad being too busy. He wants to hear the song I'm choosing as my debut, but I can't keep pushing this back."

Anika listened to Kelly and nodded to her words, thinking as she did so. "Say no more. I'll get you into the studio today."

Kelly squealed and hugged her. Lucious and Hakeem were talking when the manager of Veronica, another artist at empire, walked up.

"I ain't happy with you Lucious" he said while eating. "Veronica belongs out front and you know it."

"And you are?" Lucious asked confused.

"Mel. Her manager"

They started to exchange a few more words before it started to get serious between the two men.

"I'm keeping you to those promises you ain't keep or your daughter are going to need some protection."

Once he said that, a switch flipped in Lucious's head. It was one thing to threaten him. He got it all the time growing up. But to threaten his daughter? His princess? That was another thing, and he wasn't going for it. Neither was Hakeem.

"Yo, watch how you are talking about my sister, homie" Hakeem said, ready to jump on the man for threatening his sister.

"No, relax" Lucious told Hakeem. "Veronica and I were going to have a discussion later on this afternoon." He then told Mel.

"Yea. I'll be there."

"We can have it right now in my trailer". Two men walked off and Kelly walked over to Hakeem.

"What was that about? Why did dad look mad?" She asked her brother.

"He threatened you" Hakeem looked at her.

"Oh Jesus" Kelly rubbed her face and shook her head. "I came over to tell you that I am going to be in the studio if you and anyone needs me" she patted his head and walked off.

Kelly made it to the studio while texting her mom and greeted the producer. She sat her bag down and grabbed her song book to look over the lyrics while waiting for her mom. She wanted her there since her father wasn't. After a few minutes, they started coming up with the beat for it.

"I like that" Kelly nodded and sang the song in her head to the music.

"Well get up in there and let's see" Kelly shook her head.

"I'm waiting on my mom. She's supposed to be here."

"Well, we need to get this done."

Kelly sighed and stood up going into the studio. She put the headphones on, the beat playing in them before she started recording. After she finished the whole song, she took the headphones off and walked out listen to playback. As they did so, her mom walked in, and Kelly rolled her eyes a bit.