Candy

Now playing 'Candy' by Foxy Brown

Brooklyn gathered all of her essentials she would need as she made her way out of the house. As a hobby and something to occupy herself, she would often visit a jazz club in town by the name of "Soulfire".

Inside the club, you would find just about anyone there. Youngins, oldheads, middle aged people, black, white, asian, hispanic. Anyone you could think of found themselves visting Soulfire.

Which was a way of just letting people know how much of a mark the club's atmosphere made on others.

Tonight wasn't just an ordinary night for Brooklyn where she would just sit and watch the fun. She would be the fun people are watching.

Luckily, after talking to the owner of the club, she was invited to perform a song for the crowd.

To say she was nervous was an understatement. Of course Brooklyn has sung for other people before, but not for a crowd this big. Tonight was a Saturday so the club was always packed on a Saturday, not to mention how big the building was. It could at least hold five hundred people.

On her way to the club, Brooklyn said a silent prayer to the Good Lord, hoping she won't mess up and embarrass herself, because who in the hell finna mess up and have the entire room looking funny? Not Brooklyn!

She especially would hate to embarrass herself in front of Deshawn.

Deshawn, her club crush often saw each other at Soulfire. They kicked it off when they first met at the club two months ago.

The only place they ever saw each other was at Soulfire.

You would guess they were just friends with no other intentions towards each other, but initially the two were just the opposite.

Even stevie wonder and ray charles could see that Brooklyn and Deshawn were feeling each other. Not to mention, the owner of Soulfire, who Deshawn is very good friends with, could sense the sexual tension between the two.

Their feelings they never took it upon themselves to act on it, assuming one or the other wasn't feeling the same way. Both were scared of rejection, because i mean who wouldn't be?

As Brooklyn made her way into the club, she put on her confident walk and sashayed her ass right into that damn jazz club.

Whatever came over here, washed out her feelings of nerves and embarrassment and made her feel like the baddest bitch of the night.

She was ready to perform. Luckily, she didn't have to go on until about eleven thirty and it was currently ten fifteen, so she had another hour and fifteen minutes to do whatever she pleased.