Another Shot

"Devante, i seriously don't give a fuck and nothing you say will make me change my mind" i spat at my now ex boyfriend

Nothing in this world could make me believe that the love of my life, my first love would ever do something so terrible to break my heart like this.

He had gotten another girl pregnant.

I was beyond pissed, hurt, angry. Any word you could use to describe a feeling that was anything but joy.

After two years of happiness, he had went out of his way to hurt me like this. I don't understand what i did to deserve this sort of treatment.

I gave him everything and treated him right. But i guess nothing can keep a man, besides a man that wanted to be kept.

As i fought to let the tears fall from my eyes, i turned around to take a deep breath.

After everything i did, every person i rejected. I stayed loyal to him, regardless of how many men threw themselves at me, not once have i even thought about being with someone else.

But Devante did, and he took it overboard.

It was supposed to be me. I was supposed to be the mother of his children, but i guess he never had any plans to start a family with me.

"Im sorry baby. I know words mean anything to you and it won't excuse my behavior, but im truly sorry and never meant to hurt you." Devante spoke to me but i wasn't trying to hear any of that shit. I was beyond hurt.

No matter how much he apologizes for his actions, what's done is done and the hurt and betrayal is still there.

"I want you to leave and i never want to see you again, Devante."

He let out a sigh, grabbing his things before making his way to the front door.

"Im so sorry Aria." He spoke before leaving out the door. Leaving me to drown in my tears.

March 8th, 1996

That was 4 years ago. And though i still am slightly hurt, I've learned to accept what happened and i still love Devante deeply.

Now learning that i would have to see Devante again after four years of not seeing each other felt somewhat interesting to me.

Though it was weird to me, it was bound to happen. Both of our best friends are getting married to each other.

Every time there were outings or night outs, i would skip on it simply because i couldn't bear to face Devante again. I was afraid of the hurt and betrayal swimming back up.

Today was the day we would have the rehearsal dinner. And to say i was nervous and feeling uneasy about the whole thing was an understatement.

I knew there was no way to get out of this. It would be the first i'd be seeing Devante after four years.