chapter 2

I woke up because of a sound I heard from somewhere.

Hinawakan ko ng dahan dahan ang kamay ni vaíka na naka yakap sa aking likod. Sigurado akong nangawit na ito dahil nadaganan ko ang kamay nya.

Napangiti ako ng makitang mahimbing ang tulog nya sa aking dibdib. Ngayon ko lang din napansin na naka higa na pala kami kahit na kanina ay naka upo palang kami. Ayoko sanang ibangon ang ulo nya sa akin kaso binangon ko parin ito ng dahan dahan para hindi sya magising.

I'm sure it's my cellphone's ring tone and I have to answer it. So even though I want vaíka to be next to me when I sleep, it's more important that I can answer the call. Because I need to go back to my place immediately.

I almost forgot that I had to be quick to get out of this forest because of Vaíka. I want to blame her because I forgot for a moment what I should do first. but I also wanted to be by her side and she was by my side.

Hindi ko namalayan na naka tayo na pala ako at naka lapit sa may malaking puno kung saan naka sandal ako dito kanina. Ngayon ko lang rin napansin na papalapit na pala kami sa may lawa. At sana hindi magising ang babaeng iyon dahil sa ginawa ko tyaka halata namang ang sarap ng tulog nya kaya baka hindi din ito magising.

Tyaka gusto ko sana pag gising nya ayos na ang lahat.

I answered the call.

"Finally. You already answered my call." Niko seemed to be losing his temper when he said that.

"Kiah you need to go back immediately, there's a problem on your ground." Ethan was obviously annoyed.

"Fuckit! I have a problem too. I stuck in the middle of the forest. I don't know where I am."

I suddenly shout then I lowered my voice because I almost forgot that vaíka was here. I bit my lip when I shout. If I hadn't looked at Vaíka's location, I wouldn't have lowered my voice.

"Dammit! I almost forgot that you're going to baguio but that's the other reason why I call you. I didn't tell first about the plan of your father's enemy because your enemy attacking the ground. I know you can survive if you go to Baguio without your brakes. So that's why I didn't tell it first."

"So you.... Fucking! Know about my car's brakes?" I'm trying to hold my anger because I don't really want to wake up my vaíka.

"Yeahh but It was too late when I found out that your car was running fast, and the enemies had invaded the ground. and if I don't have a connection to the airport where you stopped to meet your car, I won't know that someone broke your car's brakes."

"Tyaka isapa kahapon kapa tinatawagan ng mga alagad mo para sabihin iyon." Si ethan naman ang nag salita.

"Make sure that when I return to France, those idiots will be gone."

"No, it's in Philippines not in france."

"Aghh! Then kill them all and please don't tell me that stupid thing. You shouldn't telling me that kind of bullshit."

"Why are you cursing? It's bad."

"Ahh!" I suddenly shout when vaíka spoke to my ears.

"I wonder why you lower your voice. what are you hiding?"

"Who's that?" Si ethan iyon.

I don't know who I should answer them first. I was in shocked when vaíka get my phone and I didn't resist. What's really happening to me?

"Hello. Sino po kayo? tyaka bakit kayo minumura ng laruan ko?"

"What the fuck vaíka?!" I said in disbelief. I heard loud laughter that made me yell at them.