5. Cringe Emo Memories (hartborken, cutt rists, to much emo) 😭😭😢😢🖤🖤🖤🖤⛓️⛓️⛓️💜💜😈😈

NARRATOR'S POV:

"Maria wasn't just a girl, Sonic. She was a human, unlike you and me." Shadow started before his monologue. "Maria was bound to the ARK in space, because she couldn't survive on Earth due to her illness. That's when her Grandfather...Gerald Robotnik, created me. 'The Ultimate Life Form.' Both her and I were tested so Maria could live on Earth, and during those years, we had the best times. She was like a sister to me. Until one day..
The company G.U.N. was very impatient. They hoarded our ship and eliminated our crew on the ARK. The one mission Gerald gave and Maria one mission; to leave through the escape pods. Maria and I battled our way, and sadly, only one of us made it out alive.

And that's how I'm here." Shadow ended. "So she passed during the attack..." Shadow nodded at Sonic's inference. "I see..." Sonic continued. "I blame myself for everything that happened. When she was murdered I was already in the escape pod." Shadow said. "I feel like I could've done something to prevent all of this. If I wasn't created, if I didn't go in the escape pod, I could've protected her either way. I've been blaming myself ever since that.."
Suddenly, Shadow felt a warm hand on his shoulder, with a soothing, kind voice with it. "Hey, it's not your fault, Shadz. There's nothing you could've possibly done to prevent that incident. And don't blame yourself. I don't think that's what Maria would've wanted. She wouldn't have wanted for you to be drowned in such guilt." Sonic started to comfort Shadow with such words. "Hm, your words are just as sweet as on paper...Also, can I ask you something?" The dark hedgehog asked. "Of course you can, what is it?" Sonic responded. "Can you...hug m-?" Before Shadow could finish, Sonic zoomed over to his side and got comfy on his body. He felt like soft pillows just covered his body.

The embrace of the hedgehog had made Shadow feel so safe, and comfortable. Once again he didn't want him to let go. Suddenly, Shadow fell asleep on the blue hedgehogs shoulder. "Heh, I guess you had a long day." Sonic picked up Shadow bridal style and walked him to Sonic's home.

SHADOW'S POV:

After I passed out, I woke up in an unfamiliar place. I jumped up immediately to a fighting position until I realized, that this is a house. Sonic's house. I put my fists down and looked around, shockingly from a wreck less hedgehog, his home is so clean. Maybe because of Tails' cleaning robot.
"Is the Sleeping Beauty finally awake?" I heard a distinct voice say. "Sonic." I replied, not with anger, but with surprise. "You, made breakfast?" "Yeah of course I did. You were out like a light. And while you were sleeping, something fell out your pocket."

A book came from Sonic's hand and directly into Shadow's. "I remember a certain someone saying that Excalibur and the Black Knight was a horrible tale of fiction. What are you doing reading it?~" I blushed at the question...was he teasing me? "It's true." I responded. "I've been reading this book because..." I got redder. "It reminded me of you."
I saw Sonic's eyes widen. Oh Chaos, I said something weird again. Quick, back it up! "I mean when you started ignoring me, I couldn't get you off my mind- I MEAN I COULDN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU, WAIT-" I kept on stammering trying to find the correct words to say until I felt a warm kiss on my lips and I started blushing madly. "I love you too, Shadow the Hedgehog."

Sonic walked upstairs to wake up Tails for breakfast.  I felt my heart racing dramatically and my eyes looking around sporadically, trying to process what had happened.  I cupped my face in my hands again being embarrassed and confused about what I just been victimized to.

Sonic kissed me..

That's how I knew that stupid war we made had been excluded and we were finally at ease.

SORRY IF IT'S SHORTER THAN USUSAL :(