4. Put things aside (P2 :D)

SONIC'S POV:

I can't believe it. Shadow kissed me! I mean, it wasn't obvious that he liked me. I mean, did he like me? What if it was just a way to escape? Who knows! Though he kissed me, the question is... do I like him back? Maybe...
After that kiss at the park, I started to distance myself from Shadow for the better; and he noticed after a few days of doing so. I was a bit worried that I possibly made him upset. So like I did last time, I wrote him a letter. But this time I'm asking for a request, to be penpals!
After I finished writing my letter, I put the letter in the mailbox, hoping it would return to Shadow soon. I hope that Shadow forgives my for ignoring him and maybe we could, I don't know...start over?

I sighed and slouched on my bed and looked at the time on my nightstand. "11:11...huh." I whispered to myself. I sat up and stretched my body. "Alright, let's do this.." I started to close my eyes and started to think to myself.
"Maybe this might or might not work, but who knows." I chuckled. "Dear uh, Wish Maker. I wish that Shadow and I will be able to be on good terms, like me and the rest of my friends.
Me and Shadow have been rivals for a long time, and I would like to change that. Things are starting to change between us, and I don't know how to take it but...what I do know. Is that me and Shadow are getting somewhere, and a wish that it could end up being a nice friendship, or something closer..."

I started to blush and shake my head. "As in like best friends or something. So yeah. Please, pretty please, make my wish come true. It doesn't have to be today, or tomorrow. Just...make my wish a reality. Thanks." I opened my eye and started to rub them. Then I took a glance at the clock. "11:13...Well I hope you take late wishes." I laid back down and drifted off to a nice peaceful sleep...

About chilli dog's of course.

SHADOW'S POV:

I noticed that Sonic has become very distant and silent when I was near, like I was a ghost. Haunting him. Did I scare him away from me? Damn it! I knew I shouldn't have done that! Stupid brain and stupid heart for making stupid decisions out of stupidity. Maybe it would be the best we'd just never talk...

A couple of days later, I was reading in my bedroom, Excalibur and the Black Knight. Sonic's favorite. (I changed the name a bit so it would be more reference-like.)
Suddenly, I heard a doorbell ring coming from downstairs. Most likely the mail. I closed my book, started to walk downstairs to the door, and open it. But to my surprise there was a letter a top of my newspaper. Odd.
I took the letter in my hand hand held the newspapers with the other. I sat down on our couch where Omega was watching those goddamn Cocomelon episodes! Chaos, I hate Cocomelon.
Anyways, I tuned out the show and opened the newspaper. As I was reading I heard Omega speak to me.
"Are you gonna open the letter or continue looking at food with expensive prices, Grandpa?" "Who are you calling Grandpa?! Back on the ARK, getting the newspaper was like a solar eclipse and surprisingly your eyes aren't hurting." I argued. "Affirmative, Grandfather." Omega repeated. I growled and I got back to reading. Until I took a small glance at the letter, the more I glanced at it, the more I couldn't stop thinking about opening it.

"Gah! Curse you Omega!" I yelled with anger as I took the envelope with me upstairs. I slammed the door shut and ripped open the envelope. It's Sonic...back with his charismatic letters.

"Dear, Shadow. I hope this letter finds you well, because I mean well too. That day at the park where the 'you know what' happened. I just wanted to say that it's okay. We all do things sometimes and it doesn't matter.
I wanted to apologize, again, for ignoring you. I was just scared and confused and I didn't know how to act. But I want to tell you know that I feel like a hurt you and I want to make things better. So let's just put things aside, okay? Maybe we can start by writing each other like this more often. -Sincerely, Blue Blur."

"Put things aside, huh?" I chuckled a bit. "Alright Blue Blur, I accept your challenge." I put the note down and sat down on my chair at my desk. Then I started writing him back.

NARRATOR'S POV:

After that afternoon, they starting writing one another, telling stories, and sharing funny moments in their lives. Sonic and Shadow were getting closer with each letter, and soon, getting enough courage to meet up again. Which was today. Shadow wanted to share something important with Sonic. Something that burdened him. He wanted to get it off his chest with the rest of Sonic's crew, starting with him.

"Sonic, what is the big whoop? You've been speeding around the house like a madman and I can't focus on my project!" Tails questioned angrily. "Sorry bud, big night today. Someone had to tell me something and it's important. And on top of that I'm running late." Sonic answered. "So, how do I look?" "Like you're going through grief" Tails responded. "Good enough. Alrightseeyoulaterbud,washthedishes,byeeee!" Sonic sloped through the door, pushing it wide open. Tails sighed. "Same old Sonic..."

Shadow was sitting on the bench, tapping his feet fastly, patiently waiting for Sonic. And suddenly he appeared. "Hey Shad's, what's up?" He started. Shadow got up and looked at Sonic's emerald eyes. "You know the girl I've been talking about before, the girl I've hung out with on the ARK?" Sonic nodded. "Well...I believe it's time you know, why she's not here now."