-Chapter 5: Dungeon Crawl (Part 1)-

Summary: Cole leads the team throughout the tunnels only to find nothing. Everyone is downtrodden. Then he gets all glowy and shit and y'all jump into the water.

After what had happened last night, you were a little hesitant to get up or open your eyes at all. But you knew that you would eventually have to. You got up and attempted to brush your teeth without water, as you didn't exactly want to go and use the lake water. After much spitting and coughing on your part, you used some of your mini mouthwash and washed it out. You sighed. At least you'd spare everyone from your horrible morning breath.

You went and neatly adjusted your mat, not that there was much to adjust. You then tried to untangle your hair, running your hands through it roughly, until it was at least somewhat less messy. You thought that perhaps you should check on Vania, no matter what happened last night. It was or had been your duty afterall.

You walked over to where Vania's mat was, which was a little far from yours but you didn't mind.

"Good morning Vania! Are you alright?" you said to her, noticing she was awake and sitting on her mat, also attempting to untangle her hair a bit.

"Oh hi!" she said cheerfully. "Did you sleep well last night?"

"Yes, I did indeed. I just wanted to check up on you" you said, stretching a little. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine"

You could tell she wasn't all that fine, but if she wasn't willing to share you wouldn't for her to.

"So, about last night... Or do you not want to talk about it?"

You knew it was coming, eventually they'd ask for an explanation. So you gave her one.

"No it's fine, of course you'd be naturally curious about it. What I said last night is true, we weren't doing or about to do anything...else. If you'd like I could explain in fullness what had happened?"

She nodded and scooched over to let you sit beside her.

"I'll start from the beginning. Basically, I couldn't sleep so I went to the edge of lake to think. Adam had followed me there, which in turn led to Plundar looking for him. When he finally found him, Adam didn't want to leave and so he pulled Plundar over and then he sat between us. We stayed like that for a bit until Adam fell asleep but when I got up to leave he pulled me over onto Plundar and then began snuggling against us. Plundar tried to get us out by saying that I needed sleep and he was going to go steal stuff as an excuse. Adam only listened to my 'request' and brought us to my mat and started snuggling us there. We stayed like that for a while because we pretty much had given up until Plundar suddenly started squirming and begged Adam to let him go. Adam complied this time but dropped me on top Plundar in the process. That's when you guys came in'' you finished, playing with your hands a little.

"That does explain a bunch, but that leaves other questions. Do you know what Plundar did after leaving the entire ordeal? Or why he squirmed like that when he was pressed against you?"

You paused thoughtfully, furrowing your eyebrows just a bit. "Sweetheart you're making this sound a little different, but that's alright I get it's hard to word it" you said with a small laugh, trying to release some of the tension. "To answer your question, no, not exactly. But he did say he going to have a good talk with Adam about all this"

"Hm, I do hope so"

"Me too"

You sighed. Maybe it wasn't as complicated or maybe it was. Who knew? Most definitely not you.

"C'mon let's go check on the others. I certainly hope Cole hasn't been telling the others what happened last night, that'd be a lot more explaining."

"I'll stay back for a bit, I'm going to try to keep untangling my hair. Good luck" Vania said contentedly, a small smile on her lips.