14. Storm in you

Through the mighty gusts of winds and piercing noise of the helicopter, Chan rummaged through raging zombies to find Y/n. He struck the ones he could, pushed past the ones that got too close and kept on walking. His feet started to hurt due to the wind resistance, and his eyes started to sting with the flying dust, but he neither stopped walking nor did he stop calling out her name.

    Chan could finally see through a blurry vision, Y/n bashing the heads of the zombies with a baseball bat as her sister's lower body was being mauled by three other zombies. He quickly rushed to her side.

"Where's your gun?!" Chan panted and struggled to peel the creatures off of her sister.

"I don't have it!" Y/n screamed.

    Chan frantically turned his head in all directions to find something. He instantly spotted a broken wheelchair a few feet away. He dashed and brought it back to them, smacked the head of the zombies with it.

    That didn't do much as the form of the chair was too irregular for it. He repeated the move a second time, third time and fourth time until it inflicted some amount of damage to the dead humans.

    But soon, he noticed that Y/n's sister was too weak to even scream from the pain. Her whole body was limp, her skin turned blueish as she lay there motionless. He looked at Y/n who was still fighting zombies and back to Haeun. Chan gently took her hand and checked the pulse. He then placed two of his fingers on the side of her neck and waited a minute just to be sure.

"Y/n..." Chan muttered under his breath.

"Haeun! Sis come— on! Let's go!" Y/n threw the bat and snatched her sister's arm from Chan's hand attempting to carry her on her back while panting heavily.

"Chan, just— help me get her on my back I can carry her!" Y/n yelled.

"Y/n please..."

"She's! Sti–still warm! Stop wasting time and help me!" Y/n's voice shattered.

    Chan took a deep breath. He knew what he had to do and there wasn't any hesitation within him in doing it. He precipitously grabbed Y/n by her legs and threw her body on his shoulders.

"What the fuck are you doing?! You fucking bastard! I'll kill you! My sister—"

"She's dead!" Chan screamed as he dashed towards the helicopter which was lowered to the ground.

"How dare you! Let me down!!" Y/n screeched at the top of her lungs.

"AAAAAAa!!!" She kept on shouting and hitting Chan's back with her fists.

"I'm sorry, but you have to let her go!" Chan yelled.

"I'll kill you! I'll fucking kill you!!!" She loudly cried.

As they made it to the Helicopter, Chan threw her inside and quickly jumped in behind her.

"Felix!" Chan ordered.

    Felix was quick to respond by initiating the flight of the helicopter as he was seated beside the pilot. Y/n released herself from Chan's grip, but by the time she reached the edge, they were already a few meters above the ground.

"Daddy!" Haley hugged Chan who was seated on one of the seats beside her.

   Chan pecked her on the head and sat her on his lap. He quickly glanced back at Y/n.

"Y/n..."

    She collapsed on the floor of the helicopter, her feet dangling out of the edge and hung her head. Chan figured it wouldn't be best to speak to her at the moment.