12. Doom In Disguise

"Haley! Haley you should sleep now. Come on!" Chan called upon her as Haley ran around the seats of the football field.

"Daddy, my leg don't hurt anymore!" She said.

"Yes, that's great. But you should sleep now it's... I don't know what time it is... But you need to rest or-or the... the Roach monster! Roach monster will attack you!" Chan played in.

   Haley laughed and ran around with Chan running behind her trying to catch her. Finally, she bumped into someone making her stop running.

"Is that all you got?" Y/n bent down to Haley.

"If you don't sleep right now, I'll shave your head." She warned with a monotone expression.

"Dad-Daddy!" Haley started crying loudly.

"Oh well, I didn't mean to do that." Y/n blinked a few times.

"It's... fine, she's being a bit, difficult today." Chan said picking her up in his arms.

"Alright fine, kid, if you sleep now I'll braid your hair beautifully. Okay?" Y/n tried to console her.

"Daddy she's lying!" Haley cried louder.

"No baby, please don't cry..." Chan patted her back a few times.

"Okay okay– hey, listen, I– I promise I won't shave your head and if I do, uh your daddy, he can shave my head. Okay?" Y/n said.

"...okay." Haley stopped crying after a few sniffles.

'This demon child.' Y/n thought.

- - -

"Oi kid." Minho called Jeongin who was sitting in a corner seat.

Jeongin ironically pointed at himself making it seem as if he wasn't sure who Minho was calling.

"Yeah, you. Get your ass here." Minho pointed at him.

    Jeongin rolled his eyes and stuffed his palms into his pants pockets. He reluctantly got up and dragged his feet to Minho standing a few feet away.

"What is it, old man?" He blurted.

"What's in your pocket?" Minho sharply asked.

"In my pocket?" Jeongin decided to play it cool.

"Don't act smart with me." He scolded.

"Ugh... Fine." Jeongin pulled the pack of cigarettes from his pocket and showed it to him.

    Minho scoffed and snatched it from his hand. He blatantly proceeded to pick out a cigarette from it and placed it between his lips while Jeongin kicked the dirt beneath his feet seemingly uninterested in the conversation.

"You kids always try to act smart." He lit the cigarette with his lighter.

"But you don't know... We have done it all in the past." Minho exhaled a puff of smoke.

"Yeah yeah, that's so cool and whatever. Can I leave now?" Jeongin asked in a cocky tone.

"Sure." Minho said while tilting his head a little.

Jeongin breathed out as he turned around and walked a few inches.

"I'll let you keep the gun for now." He heard from behind.

   Jeongin froze in his steps and gulped a lump of saliva. 'It's over.' His mind hit him with the thought as he slowly turned around. Minho was already walking away with his back turned to him and had his hand raised to say goodbye.

"Tch, these old geezers! Making me lose my shit here!" Jeongin kicked a chair in front of him.

He looked up at the sky again after releasing a breath he was holding.