Chapter : 28

If anyone missed the last update then please read it, It has Their kiss and Shubman's realization of love.

Shubman's reaction by the end of the chapter (don't skip):

I find myself in my Mumbai flat. Partly because I wanted some time alone, but also because the BCCI event next week is in Mumbai.

We only returned from England yesterday, and since then, I haven't spoken to Ishan. Am I experiencing withdrawal symptoms? The past few months were filled with cricket matches, tours, and events, so I hardly had to be away from him.

It's pathetic. I'm pathetic.

I head into the kitchen to make myself some coffee. As I grab the coffee, it instantly reminds me of the day when Ishan showed me how he likes his coffee. He isn't a black coffee person; he likes it with milk and sugar.

He showed me how he prepares his coffee, which was interesting, but then again, anything he does is interesting to me.

He let me take a sip from his coffee, and it was really good. Now, I'm craving it.

Instead of my usual black coffee, I start making my coffee the Ishan-way. I pour the hot milk over the creamy mixture, and it looks delicious. Grabbing my phone from my room, I stroll into the living room. Sitting on the sofa, I start scrolling through news on my phone, but my focus is hardly on it. Lately, all my brain can think of is this one particular 5 feet and 6-inch tall man who probably doesn't give a shit about my feelings. Or maybe he does? I don't know.

Before I can take the first sip of the coffee, the doorbell rings. I set the coffee mug on the table to check it, and as I open the door, I see Nia and Darshan standing there with some stuff in their hands. Nia is breathing heavily..

I step aside to let them in, both of them dumps the stuff on the table. Darshan leaves quickly, but Nia stays, still breathing heavily. "Water," she manages to say inbetween her breaths.

I hand her a glass of cold water. After gulping it down in one go, she asks for more. After downing another glass, she plops down on the sofa. "Why isn't the lift in your building working?" Her breathing starts to normalize.

"I don't know. I didn't even realize it wasn't working," I say, noticing her narrowed eyes. "You haven't been anywhere?" she questions.

"Not since this morning," I reply, taking a seat in front of her.

She relaxes herself and leans back on the sofa. "I should join the gym."

"Yes, you should," I agree.

She gives me a glare.

"What are all these?" I ask, pointing towards the stuff they dumped on the table.

"They are fan gifts," she answers.