Chapter : 26

•SHUBMAN GILL•

We reached the venue, and it's been decided that all four of them will go inside first, and I'll make my entry at the correct moment, stealing the spotlight

We reached the venue, and it's been decided that all four of them will go inside first, and I'll make my entry at the correct moment, stealing the spotlight. Inside, nerves are getting to me, basically andar se fatti padi hain but I'll act brave

I receive Ishan's message commanding me to make my entry.

With a determined stride, I push open the huge gates that are already ajar, announcing my arrival to the room.

"Stop!" I exclaim, my voice cutting through the crowd, drawing all eyes to me.

Let the drama begin.

I walk with an even pace, the crowd giving me way, everyone looks quite shocked because I am wearing the groom's attire. With each step, my heart pounds in my chest. It feels like the first time you go on stage in front of a big crowd to give your speech.

With all eyes on me, I make a beeline for the altar.

As I make my way forward, out of the corner of my eye, I spot them standing off to the side. Three of them wear expressions of pure delight, while Ishan's expression is more stoic.

As I approach the ceremony zone, my gaze falls on Ellisa. She is in her wedding gown, and opposite to her stands the groom, who is wearing similar attire to mine.

In the background, I can hear the murmur of shocked people. I give a glance towards someone whom I assume is Ellisa's father, and trust me, if I had seen him before, I would not have agreed to any of this because it looks like if he is going to punch me, then I am not going to wake up for 2 days. He looks intimidating, a bit too much.

I stand in front of Ellisa, and I see relief wash over her face. "Ellisa," I say with a fake hurt expression, "what are you doing?"

I can sense the stares of puzzled people behind me.

"Didn't... didn't you promise to marry me?" Ellisa tries to look bewildered, but all I can see is relief on her face.

The groom takes a step towards me and says, "Who are you?" I kid you not, he is literally getting offended in lowercase.

By the way he is behaving, it seems like either he knows about this or he doesn't really care. Because if someone showed up at my wedding in a freaking groom attire, I would be really mad. But he seems quite chill.

With confidence, I reply, "I am someone whom she promised to marry. Now, tell me, who are you?" Smooth, right? Wrong. It's very lame, but no worries because whatever he says next is equally lame.

"I am someone whom she is going to marry," his response is as if reading from the script of clichés.

I come a bit closer to Ellisa, gently holding her hand, and with mock hurt, I exclaim, "What is happening, Ellisa? Are you cheating on me?"