Chapter - 41

Rachel stood by the mirror, claded in a fine wedding dress. Looking at her lonely reflection in the close room. The delicate lace and the fineness of the dress seems to be mocking her, totally in contrast with her shattered self.

   At this moment the dress was nothing but a beautiful prison for her.

   Not a nightmare that would end once she opens her eyes but a horrible reality that will restart after every dream.

  Anyone could see her beauty but Rachel with her each gaze on the mirror only saw an empty shell with nothing inside.

  She saw a shell of a woman she once was. With nothing left within her that's the only way she could describe herself.

  Her red eyes, unshed tears, sobs trapped within her chest and happiness buried in the grave of her heart.

   She was so broken that even the net veil suffocate her and the fact that she was wearing for someone unwanted.

  What pains her the most was the fact that everything about her seems to remind her of the cruelty she was about to face. The heavy vows she was about to take.

  It's like her own self has turned against her.

  The wedding dress, which she always saw as symbol of joy and a promise for betterment. Today when it was her's, it was nothing but a burden of weight people has put on her.

   Her body tremble with the need to pour out her emotions she could only helplessly look at the tickling clock, wondering if she will be shown enough mercy to let her cry.

  Just a little bit more, a little bit more and then she will be nothing but an reward someone has won.

  She will be nothing but a medal the man will proudly look at.

  She will be nothing but a reward that man will proudly look at.

  The man she once liked.

  Her hands shake as she took a small dairy and a pen. She write with her hands shivering. Her vision blurry with tears and lips trembling with gentle sobs.

   " I will survive it. "

  She wrote that down, sobbing with wet cheeks.

   " I will clear my name. "

  Her other hand moved to her mouth to stop the moans from escaping.

    " I will never let them break me. "

  She closed her eyes helplessly. Clenching on the note hardly to remind herself as she lean on the dressing table and cry her eyes out.

.
.
.

  There goes the scene, different room but heart holding similar feelings.

     Disappointment and pain.

  Who said marrying someone unwanted was only painful for women?

     He was in pain too.

   He look at the mirror, being dressed up for someone so unwanted. He was just uninterested that he didn't even bother to see her even once.

  Ben:" C'mon man! Don't be such a coward. It's just a marriage. What can happen? " He placed his one hand over the mirror as he leaned to stare at his confidence. A determined smile lingering over his face.

  Ben:" Everything can happen. " He mumbled, wiping off the smile. His eyes stayed on the mirror.

  Ben:" She can be an aggressive woman with bad temper. Who loves to throw things on others. " He gulped, imagining himself being kicked out of his own bed.