Chapter - 40

Lily:" Where is she? " She put the cellphone back, looking back towards the building where she saw a familiar figure walking towards her excitedly.

  Arden:" Lily! " Controlling the urge to roll her eyes, the girl immediately turned away. Acting like she couldn't see the boy. She walked out of the entrance.

  Arden frown as he saw her ignoring him once again. Yet the boy approached her with more determination.

  Arden:" Lily! " He called her loudly this time, killing her excuse of not hearing him. Running towards her, he catch her arm before she could step on the road.

  Arden:" I have been calling you all this while how come you didn't heard me? " He asked, his hand still cover her covered wrist.

  Lily look at his hand, touching her without her permission and then at him.

  Lily:" What do you think you are doing right now? " Arden smiled, one mixed with shyness and excitement.

  Arden:" I am just trying to approach the person I am interested in! " With her cold eyes on him, she was stunned by his guts.

  Lily:" Learn to respect other's interest first before showing them yours. " She pulled her hand away harshly, her gaze stayed still while his smile started to shrink.

  Arden:" For that you will have to tell me about your interest, No? " Her lips curved up, a visible smile with lack of any emotions.

  Lily:" The only interest you deserves to know, is to stay away from you. " Arden pressed his lips to suppress his smile while the girl mindlessly stepped on the road only to hear a sharp horn.

  Arden:" Hey! " With fast reflexes, Arden pulled the girl back. His hand hold one arm whole other wrapped around her shoulder as he glare at the car crossing them.

  Arden:" How dare he drive at such speed infront of the school? " He kept his angry gaze on the car while the girl in his arms shrink.

  Lily's breaths accelerated as her hands trembling. She locked her hands together. Taking deep breaths to calm herself down.

  Arden:" Are you okay? " He asked her worriedly. She looked at him and nodded her head, still trembling gently.

  Arden:" it doesn't seems like that! " He look at her worriedly, rubbing her arm gently to calm her down.

  Lily:" It's okay, you can leave. " Saying that in low tone she put her hand over his chest in order make a distance.

  Lily:" Let-- " however before she could make an attempt to break free, her head moved to other side and familiar yet unexpected figure catched her eyes.

  Lily:" E-Ethan! " She whispered his name, whose car just parked on the side of the road at the distance, with his eyes stuck on the joint figures.

   He look up at her, his hand on her shoulder and then at her eyes. Lily's heart sank as she saw the sadness in his eyes. The sense of loss as she shake her head.

  Ethan opened the door of his car and get in. His chest heaving as he immediately turned ON his car.

  Lily:" Mr.-- " without sparing another glance the man drive away, leaving her standing besides someone else, who wasn't him.

  Arden:" Lily?! " He called her, trying to get her attention.

  Lily:" Leave me. " She break free from him. A cold expression cladding her face.

  Arden:" I was expecting a thank you. " He said disbelief by the ignorance the girl has been showing.

  Lily:" Reality beats expectations. " She growled, jerking him away before walking past him.