perhaps love | law

"Is it love?"

"But captain!!"

"For the last time Bepo, no. It's not that. Anything but that."

"But captain-"

"Bepo."

"Sorry.." As the bear scurried off.

As Law sighed, he couldn't deny the truth. Perhaps it was love. For the past couple of days, all he could think about was you. Everything you did. Your curiosity, generosity, and your strengths. The bonus was your dedication and kindness for this crew. Maybe it wasn't a big deal. After all, he has a small heart, so there couldn't be a possibility that it could be love.

Distracted out of his mind, not realizing that he found you fixing the broken door and other parts of the kitchen because of a drunk Penguin smashing it all up, and seeing your outfit, immediately made him turn around. Your floppy seal hat while wearing a cropped tanktop and shorts, black gloves with your brown boots on. Focused on fixing the door, all the poor captain could do was scramble away before he would be caught, until Shachi caught him.

"OHHH CAPTAIN WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!" Purposely fulfilling his duties while snarking at the situation he's about to make.

Before Law could rip him into shreds, this didn't go unnoticed by you.

"Ah! Captain, when did you get here? Do you need something?" You chirped, grabbing a towel for yourself and dabbing off the sweat, the guilty look that Law had when he took a split second looking at you and leaving a "no nothing" response. Disappointed by how distant he's been lately with you, you couldn't help but feel you did something wrong.

"Is he okay?"

"No.. not at all.. and in fact, to make him feel better.. I have a favor for you to do when it's his birthday..."

"Of course! Anything for captain to feel better." You were set to make him feel better, whatever Shachi had in mind for.

"Perfect."

___

Sighing as Law tried his best to ignore his thoughts about you, you couldn't feel the same way.. could you? No. He couldn't remember when it was happening for these feelings. As he continued to think about you in every way possible, there was no bad images of you no matter how hard he tried.

"Is it love..?"

___

Time went on and these feelings weren't decreasing. In fact, it was like a disease. Hopefully for his birthday, he wouldn't have to even think if he drank himself out. Sighing as he stepped out of his office, only to be greeted with confetti.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAPTAIN!!!"

As the whole crew cheered and Law thanked his crewmates, he couldn't find the one person he wanted to see.

"Uni, where's Y/n?"

Seeing as Uni got nervous, Shachi slapped him in the back.

"Ah! Y/n went to go get you a perfect birthday gift! And as for our gift to you... we're leaving you alone for 24 hours! We've done everything around the sub, and since we're on land, we'll give you a vacation cap!" Ikkaku butted in with a smile, pinching Uni to get a grip.

Before Law could say anything, everyone scurried out and ran for it. The submarine was officially deserted. Well, as long as you weren't here and coming back later, he could organize his delusions again. Heading to his room, only to realize a large sized black box with a yellow ribbon in the middle of his room. Reading the card that was left beside his bed,

"Bonus gift: a SPECIAL gift to our captain!"

A bonus gift?

Carefully untying the ribbon gently and slowly removing the lid of the present box, not knowing what would happen, you popped up with a white elegant lace satin nightgown lingerie, with a white bow laced tied around your waist, and another bow laced around as a headband.

"Happy birthday Captain!"

Either his jaw dropped or his pants dropped because oh!

"Y/n??"

"Sorry captain.. could you help me out please?"

Looking down as you gave him such adoring eyes, he gently lifted you up by your waist and carried you out of the box.

"Y/n.. what is this behavior? What happened?"

"The crew told me about how you feel about me.." Slowly taking steps towards him, the room filled with heated tension. Placing your hand onto his chest, feeling his heart beat, sensing the panic.

"I think it's time I show you how I feel. And yes, it is love, Law."

Slowly leaning in, fluttering your eyes gently, your soft lips onto his, grabbing your waist, pulling you in closer. Feeling his true emotions for you, he wouldn't hold back anymore.

"I.. It has to be you. You're the one I love."