10: The Sixth Sense Of Emo

Start from the beginning

"She can and she will." Gee let out a sigh, "which is why it's probably best that she doesn't know Frank even exists."

"Mmm... yeah, she'd flip, she'd probably have some sort of breakdown," Mikey continued, completely forgetting about Frank as the words seemed to fly from his lips, "like would she rather accept you as her daughter or be insistent that she'd have a gay son- wait, god, does he know? I- I...-" Mikey nearly went as far as to drop the mug, his cheeks reddening, as he wasn't sure what the fuck he could do to fix the mess he'd made here.

"Of course he does- Mikey, do you seriously think I wouldn't tell him, I..." Gee shook her head, slightly amused by the situation, as she glanced at Frank, and mouthed a quick, 'can I tell him?', to which Frank nodded, still sort of vaguely detached from the conversation, and reality in general, which may or may not have had something to do with the coke he'd snorted before coming here, but there wasn't a chance in hell he was going to mention that to Gee, especially not with her brother here.

"I don't know, Gee, I mean I was just concerned because you wouldn't talk to me about it, so I talked to Pete about it, and he thought that you might not have told him so-"

"Mikey..." Gee let out a sigh, grabbing her brother by his shoulder, "Frank's trans too, like... that's why we started talking... and we're good, and he's really nice you know, like he looks all intimidating and shit, but he's an idiot, I promise."

"Okay..." Mikey let out a sigh, glancing in Frank's direction as he did so, "okay, now I feel really stupid- but like it was Pete who suggested it so I'm gonna ensure that Pete feels stupid on my behalf."

Frank giggled a little, "your brother's really damn cute, you know?" He added, directing his comment at Gee, who just rolled her eyes.

"I'm not cute, I'm- I don't know... I..." Mikey trailed off, "don't be patronising, okay? I'm thirteen, I'm like not a kid anymore." And yeah, Frank had to laugh at that, and there was no denying that Gee stifled a giggle too.

"Stop bullying him, Frank, he's nice, he's really nice, come on, and I told him you were nice too, you know?" She let out a sigh, leaving Mikey to roll his eyes as he made his way upstairs.

"I'm not nice, I'm really bad, you know? I'm like the devil, totally."

"You seem nice enough to me."

"You're so sweet and pretty I think it'd be impossible not to be." He added, blushing, just a little.

-

It wasn't like he'd been ignoring her calls and texts for no reason, was it?

In fact, Frank had all the reason in the world, even if only seemed to justify itself in his own head.

It still counted.

Totally.

Because everything added up, and everything made sense and he couldn't control himself and she couldn't see him like this because she couldn't know, and he reckoned perhaps he'd rather chance her hating him for a while, than her seeing what he was really like.

It had been a bad day.

The worst.

They all were.

And that was no sort of excuse whatsoever, but Frank wrote it off as one nonetheless, because he was desperate, and he was prepared to accept that over the alternative of him just being a plain fucking addict.

Even though the latter was just as true, if not more so, not that Frank would ever even let that thought cross his mind.

Because he was okay, and he was determined to be so, and today was just a bad day, and Frank should have been way more concerned about his mental health and Gee than he was, but as he pulled his hood over his head, he found himself worrying over nothing more than the success rate of snorting coke with a busted up nose.