Tʜᴇ Bᴏɴғɪʀᴇ (2)

______________________________________

"Hey. We gotta go to school, man." Pope says as he hits John B with a can, "We have a geometry test in 30 minutes."

John B groans as Estrella exits the bathroom. She passes by Kie in the kitchen, "There's nothing in there, Kie. Trust me."

The girl sighs as Pope slaps JJ, "Get up ! JJ ! Is he alive ?"

"I don't know." John B mutters

"JJ. Get your shoes." Pope tries

"Jay. Up." Estrella says as she grabs her bag. The boy's eyes were barely open as he sits up.

"What are you doing today ?" John B asks Kie as he walks past her. Her brows furrow as he walks in the kitchen.

"Hey, Kie." Pope says before grabbing John B. "We're going this way."

"Um... I will meet up with you guys later."

"I'm starving. I need some pizza." JJ mumbles

"Let's go." Estrella says standing by the door. "You're driving, Pope."

"No, you missed breakfast." He says as JJ reaches for a piece of pizza.

"Okay. I got it. I got it !" JJ exclaims before biting his pizza as Pope pushes him out the door.

______________________________________

As Pope comes to a stop in the parking lot, Estrella can feel something hit the back of her seat. She turns to find JJ smushed up against the back of her seat. His eyes still shut. She looks up toward Pope who shrugs as he exits the car. She shakes her head before grabbing her bag and exiting the car.

"Come on." Pope says as the bell rings, "Let's go. Up and at 'em, boys."

Estrella yanks the back door open as Pope rounds the car. John B exits first climbing over JJ. Estrella reaches down and shakes his shoulder roughly. "Come on, Jay."

JJ opens his eyes slowly before immediately closing them. His hand slapping over his eyes as he turns away. Estrella steps over to block the sun from shining down on him.

"Come on, Jay." She repeats with a small smile

JJ sluggishly sits up as Estrella grabs his backpack. He stands up and turns to her as she hands his bag to him. He takes it from her before she turns and reaches into the car again. He throws his bag over his shoulder as she turns to him again. She grabs his hand and places a pair of his glasses that had been tossed into the back. She gently pushes him aside to yank the door closed again.

"Let's go."

______________________________________

"Glad you could join us." The teacher says as she walks down the aisle toward John B