Tʜᴇ Lᴜᴄᴋʏ Cᴏᴍᴘᴀss (2)

______________________________________

After everything calmed down, John B had convinced the teens to come along with him. He thought he had a clue as to what his dad was trying to tell him. So, they all sat in the twinkie, John B's van, as he took them on the road.

"A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message ?" John B says, "He had to know it was gonna get back to me, right ?"

"Yeah. It's possible." Kie says from the passengers seat

"It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels." Pope says

"Pope ?"

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels ?" JJ says from behind John B, "Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it."

"I'm not concocting, okay ? My dad's trying to give me a message."

"If it helps you believe, John B." Estrella sighs from beside Pope.

"Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay ? I'm not trippin' out."

"It's okay to trip, bro, but-" JJ is cut off

"Look, my... my dad is missing, okay ? Missing. You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering."

Estrella looks up as Kie looks back at her. JJ looks toward Pope.

"It's been almost a year." Kie says as John B turns to her before turning back to the road.

"Hey, he could have been kidnapped. That's definitely a possibility." JJ tries

"Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere."

"Absolutely. Uh... or Atlantis."

"JJ. Look, what do you think the message is ?" Kie asks

"Redfield. Redfield Lighthouse. That's my dad's favorite place." John B says

______________________________________

The doors open as they all pile out of the van. Looking out toward the lighthouse.

"Here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay ?" John B says

"Wait... Why me ?" JJ says

"Because you're not coming." Pope says

"Why ?"

"Look, JJ. There are independent and dependent variables. You're independent. We don't know what you'll do.

"Shut up, Pope. Just shut up !"

"Oh my god." Estrella exclaims as they quiet down.

"Listen to me for a second." John B says, "Pope, you stand look out with JJ. Okay ? Estrella make sure they don't kill each other. If we get split up, we meet back at JJ's house."